General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Event Cigars

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 07:36 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,607 Likes on 5,097 Posts
Default Harley Event Cigars

anyone recommend a place to get Cuban Cigars online?

Old 06-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

There are several places online. There is also reason it puts this site at risk if it is based in the USA if the information is traded through it. I am a member of several cigar forums and we can discuss them all we want, write reviews on them etc. But posting the url is strictly taboo.

Although I DO NOT KNOW anything about this personally.... I have read on forums that:

If one were to do a search for it you would get an idea... Then, if one were shrewd, he would also search reviews and ratings of sites that sell said product. There are 3-4 that are highly rated. I wouild only purchase from highly rated sites (if I ever decided to). There is a lot of fraud.

Typically you can buy singles, threevers, fivers or boxes. (so I've heard)

You will see that they are not as expensive as people think. And will be cheaper than some Nicaraguan and Dominican fine cigars bought at a local cigar shop.

Good luck.

Hey I will give you a jump start: http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/

Go to "Comparison Shopper" in the heading and take a gander at that page. (this of course is for searching the Amercian retailers... The government would not want you to look right below that....)

Last edited by Jonesee; 06-13-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Rick-e
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IMHO, Cuban Cigars are for the most part overated, but I do understand the allure of "forbidden fruit". The best Habano I ever had was a Montechristo #2 that I got in a small shop in Toronto IIRC it cost me $30 Can. Aside from that one most of the other Cubans I've had have been dissapointing. This could be due to the fact that many of the Cuban cigars you see are fakes.
There are some mighty fine Dominicans, Hondurans and Nicaraguan cigars out there, but if you are determined to get some Cubans, do a search for Cigar retailers in the UK. Some of them may still ship to the States, but it is at your risk. If customs gets them you are SOL.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

That is what taste is all about. Not everyone likes everything.

i personally enjoy them. But I have learned to let them rest. Remember, ISOMs are not rested like the Nics and Doms. All my fine cigars sit for at least 2 years before I start reaching for them. That includes the nics and doms.

It took me about 4 years to acquire the pallette to appreciate them and their nuances though. Kind of like scotch or fine wine in that way. I never acquired a taste for bourbon though. Maybe it is the one vice I don't have.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:32 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:36 AM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences......and?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:44 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

I thought that Harley riders took great pride in buying American.
Doesn't seem right to need German beer, French Champagne (and water) or Cuban cigars for a Harley event.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:48 AM
Rick-e
Road Master

I believe the Senior Chief said the stogies were for a Harley event....next question?

Old 06-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyriv
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences......and?
...and threads like this should be in the proper forum.

Although you don't understand, because you make the same mistake.

Originally Posted by Rick-e
I believe the Senior Chief said the stogies were for a Harley event....next question?
You can't be serious. I mean, really. No way. I refuse to believe anyone is that lost.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Rick-e
Road Master

...and threads like this should be in the proper forum.

Although you don't understand, because you make the same mistake.

You can't be serious. I mean, really. No way. I refuse to believe anyone is that lost.
LMAO, anyway cool avitar.

(by the way Jonesee are you a member at HP? If so, pm me your screen name)

Last edited by Rick-e; 06-13-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Harley Event Cigars