General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ca, bikers alert! The rest of you remember,

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

they are in dire straights for money, so they will do whatever they can to get it, but also who would want to move there with all these silly laws, i live in wa, state and in the nw most cops have the loudest bikes

Old 06-11-2010, 09:24 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
they are in dire straights for money, so they will do whatever they can to get it, but also who would want to move there with all these silly laws, i live in wa, state and in the nw most cops have the loudest bikes
I know what you mean, damn shame I'm stationed in this F!ed up state of cal....Cant wait to get back home.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:52 PM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by plumbertom
"As California goes, so goes the country".

That's about as true as the news idiots who think Times Square is the "crossroads of the nation". Truth is, neither California nor NYC is anywhere near in touch with the thoughts, beliefs, and sentiments of the vast majority of the nation.

California has had stricter emissions laws than the Feds for what, 20 years? How many other states have followed suit? California allows lane splitting - how many other states do the same? California has "medical marijuana". Most states don't.

As California goes, so goes California. Most of the rest of us just chuckle at most of what y'all do.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:10 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

EPA-compliant exhaust? Uuuugh.

I feel for you left-coasters, but then again stop electing politicians who will cave into these types of enactments.

SC isn't the greatest state in the union but man, we don't even have vehicle inspection.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:52 PM
SoCalRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Taddeoeg
That's about as true as the news idiots who think Times Square is the "crossroads of the nation". Truth is, neither California nor NYC is anywhere near in touch with the thoughts, beliefs, and sentiments of the vast majority of the nation.

California has had stricter emissions laws than the Feds for what, 20 years? How many other states have followed suit? California allows lane splitting - how many other states do the same? California has "medical marijuana". Most states don't.

As California goes, so goes California. Most of the rest of us just chuckle at most of what y'all do.
We HAD stricter emission laws. As of the 2010 model year, Federal emissions standards (49 state) are exactly the same as the California standards that went into effect in 2008.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:01 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Well that would really jack up the price for used stock mufflers and bring out the creative modifying geniuses.

Next CA will have to write a law and figure out how to verify/enforce mufflers with the stamp but have been gutted. They will end up spending more taxpayers $$ chasing their tail then what they bring in, but hey.........they can continue to say "look what great things we are doing!"

Old 06-11-2010, 11:34 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 541 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by Arcane
"As California goes, so goes the country.”

The Left Coast and for that matter some of the large East Coast cities are like being in a totally different country when compared to the rest of the USA.
+1. Washington State got Californicated about 20 years ago. Oregon is even worse. That's why I enjoy my business trips to Texas so mucn

Old 06-12-2010, 12:09 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,407 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKBAGGER
I don't think it will pass. They have tried it before and it was shot down.
Be careful, that was what was thought about the helmit law.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:08 AM
bks6721
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalRoadGlide
We HAD stricter emission laws. As of the 2010 model year, Federal emissions standards (49 state) are exactly the same as the California standards that went into effect in 2008.
not really. in Michigan we don't even have inspections. I haven't had a vehicle with a cat converter in 13 years.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:08 AM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not that I am for it but after reading the bill as amended this month it doesn't have the wording as listed in the OP. It was stalled at the request of the author. Doubtful it will pass. But the links listed by Chisel will explain what I read. Don't matter still gonna run my V&H's.

Quick Reply: Ca, bikers alert! The rest of you remember,