General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bergen County HD service department (NEVER USE AGAIN)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:09 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I guess you weren't clear on what needed to be replaced. Yes, that stuff shouldn't take 9 weeks.

I might go there and discuss the situation with the owner of BCHD. If it's not done in a day or so, threaten complaints against them with the BBB. You'd be surprised how big a fire that can light under someone's butt. Be nice...getting angry with anyone there will not get you your bike any faster. Remember "bees and honey".

I placed a complaint against a company with the BBB last year. I had the president of the company call me within 1 hr. My issue was resolved within a few minutes after that.

This was a non-mc issue.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:12 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggDogg
I have done all my own work up to this point (except for a fork upgrade at a local custom shop). Figured going to the dealer would be the quickest turnaround for the insurance company (and then added the bars cuz they were going to have them apart anyway) otherwise the ape hanger install was going to be my winter project..
I'm fully regretting dealing with the dealer. and it has also made me re-think this place when it comes time to purchase my softail (which I was going to be doing at the end of the year or possibly next year)
What about the loaner I suggested? Get on his @ss, talk to the owner and demand a loaner until they finish the job. That's the minimum he can do for you at this point.
The problem with the insurance money going to the dealer and not you is that the dealer has already been paid 100% for a job he hasn't done and for parts he hasn't even ordered.
Why would he bust his chops? He has no financial incentive to do so.
Sad but true.

Old 06-11-2010, 12:14 PM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

For every dissapointed customer there is 15 more asswipes that will continue to use them no matter what.That is why they feel they can do anything they like.I say hurt them in the pocket book.You may only be one person but if others do the same they will take notice!!

Old 06-11-2010, 12:22 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
What about the loaner I suggested? Get on his @ss, talk to the owner and demand a loaner until they finish the job. That's the minimum he can do for you at this point.
The problem with the insurance money going to the dealer and not you is that the dealer has already been paid 100% for a job he hasn't done and for parts he hasn't even ordered.
Sad but true.

I have yet to pay them a dime for the instal so all they have is the insurance money. There making the real money off me. So you would think they would like to see that $$

Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Shouldn't the insurance money be based on an estimate from the dealer that included labor?

Old 06-11-2010, 01:03 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
Shouldn't the insurance money be based on an estimate from the dealer that included labor?
yes but then I had additional labor that wouldnt be covered due to my ape hanger instal

Old 06-11-2010, 01:22 PM
BCSG
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Sad but true.
+1, get them to give ya a loaner.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:29 PM
rscalzo
Road Warrior
Received 126 Likes on 77 Posts

If they only order the parts on a certain day then they should tell me that.....
I can see the logic in that. Ordering every single part separatly would add significant shipping charges to the customer.

Don't worry about Laconia. The rain clouds just started moving back in.

Old 06-11-2010, 01:36 PM
sammer4u
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I would ask for a used bike as a loaner for the weekend trips planned... I am sure they would oblige in that. I am sure they might even say keep it till they are done with your bike, but ??? I would want one for the trips planned at least!!! I know my dealer/sales guy would do that for me. It may not be the newest or prettiest but it would be a two wheel bike to do some road trips on!

Old 06-11-2010, 01:46 PM
drifter27011
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would have requested the check be made out to me and the dealer and not sign the check till the bike was repaired as required. Never pay up front and be at their mercy.

Quick Reply: Bergen County HD service department (NEVER USE AGAIN)