Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost bit it

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,335 Likes on 2,527 Posts

thats why i wait even longer than you did before you started your turn. i don't trust signals, especially around here, some folks leave them on all the time, signal left to turn right, don't use them at all, or just plain change their mind at the last second....

Old 06-10-2010, 06:46 PM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After living in Columbus for about 15 years then moving back up to northeast Ohio I for one surely didnt miss the traffic there. Now in South Carolina for the past 3 or so years. Still dont miss the traffic in Columbus. Folks here talk about rush hour and I say you think this is bad? Try driving in Columbus. Anyhow..we were recently there for a wedding and a small family get togather with our kids and grandkids that still live there. I said to my better half that if I ever had to live there again, I would wear steel armor while on the bike. Nope, I still dont miss that traffic. Never will. Good luck to all there.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I actually had a car pull into a left turn only lane without signalling and then turn right into me. Luckily I wasn't riding my bike at the time. Not only that but my bumper scratched the hell out of a new car a car salesman was driving and there was not a mark on mine. So sometimes justice happens.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:18 PM
kccustom
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never trust any signal, car, bike, traffic etc. I am invisible, so much so in fact I am surprised when someone notices my existance.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Ultra GI
Advanced

Glad you are safe, had a car pull out into me head on today. He was passing another car and there is no way he did not see me, but still pulled full out in my lane. I had the horn a blaring. I think I am going back to carrying rocks in my jacket pocket just to leave these moron German drivers a little gift when the show their intelligence. You would think with the amount of training they must take in driving they would be better. Saw a guy on a moped, zoom around me in town, in my lane. Next light he rush the yellow and came into another cage driver that was rushing it for the right turn and needless to say the moped guy was carried away and did not look to healthy.

Old 06-10-2010, 08:52 PM
Seascape
Road Captain

Also I might as well mention ,, had she hit me I think it would have been my fault.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:05 PM
BassCatcher
Grand HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

Local drivers are bad enough but in these parts the tourists are downright suicidal. This is a huge resort area and us locals stay to the back roads and out of town on weekends. Your life as a biker depends on it.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:08 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Good thing you were on your toes.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Bombarde32
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you made it out OK. The bike too.

I hate intersections in general. The worst are when there's only a stop sign and someone is looking to turn but the closer you get the NEVER look your direction. It's always like ... um ... are they going to look or just pull out in front of me while I'm doing 65 down the highway?

Just assume everyone is out to kill you all the time. Kinda sux but it keeps you on your toes and served you well today ...

Old 06-10-2010, 09:31 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Definitely don't trust them! We've all seen grandma go miles with her blinker on with no intention of turning.

Quick Reply: Almost bit it