General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You gotta love a windshield.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 02:14 PM
panamoncreel
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You gotta love a windshield.

I was without windshield this weekend and had a California Condor decide to swoop down at me forcing me to duck. The sucker was huge with a wingspan near 6 feet. My buddies behind me were laughing asking if I had a squirrel on my head or some other kind of bait. Scary!

Old 08-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Redneck
Road Captain

A few years ago was riding to las vegas with a few friends and out of know where a bird hit the passanger in the head on the bike in front of us. We stoped at the rest stop to make sure she was alright and looking at helmet was a big mark were the bird hit the helmet. We all got a good laugh out of it before heading on down the road. One thing I have found riding for many years is when you think you have seen it all, something else happens.

Old 08-21-2006, 03:35 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Years ago when I lived in San Diego I got a seagull with my windshield. Sure glad I had it..
(the windshield!!)

Old 08-21-2006, 05:53 PM
12Stones
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That would have hurt big time. I'm thinking about getting one for the winter to knock the chill off. A quick detachable one of course. God, so much to buy, so little money.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:20 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

Riding down a 2 lane divided road 3 abreast, me the middle bike. All of a sudden wham a swarm of bee's hit my windshield and everything turns yellow. Pull over and check, no damage but alot of bee guts all over the front of the bike and shield. 2 friends slow, turn around and come back to see what happened neither one got 1 bee just me the middle guy. Now I won't ride 3 abreast anymore.

Old 08-21-2006, 06:34 PM
TRITON
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I had a windshield so I could join in the story telling fun... Still waiting on mine from F@%$ing Chicago HD. 2 months after the initial order, and still no windshield. The worst part is that it wasn't on backorder! [:@][:@][:@][:@]. I don't think they will get any more of my money. Sorry, I know that was a little off topic, but I'm pissed.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:42 PM
MikeG
Advanced

I could of used mine riding back to work after lunch.....Dang bee stung me in the chest! Still stings as I type this!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Blue SOG
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've hit and killed 2 average size song birds, a bat and a red tailed hawk while riding a motorcycle. The hawk and 1 of the song birds hit the windshield at over 70 mph. I'm glad I had it...

Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 PM
71tradewind
Tourer

I have hit 2 birds first one was a sparrow....hit me in the knee at 60 mph stung real bad! Second one was Mourning dove also doin about 60 mph, this one hot the top bar of my engine gaurd ....went splat all over my bike, me, and my wife ...what a mess!

Old 08-22-2006, 01:40 AM
Biggol
Road Warrior

Took my windshield off this past weekend for a quick ride around town. Not only did I found out I didn't really like the wind noise on my 1/2 helmet straps, I took a cicada to the right side of my helmet - left a multicolored streak down the side. 2 inches to the left and it would hit my goggles. 4.5 inches to the lower left and I would have been tasting em'.

Put the windshield back on when I got to the house before I even pushed it into the garage..

Quick Reply: You gotta love a windshield.