General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indian MC are back.

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 12:47 AM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

wlbowers, I want to see Indian make it in the market also, I want all American Co.s to suceed, that's why I think they should look to the roots of the original Indian and be a performance co. I think you have the part about Eller backwards, Eller lost the decision in court, the Gilroy Co. won because they had a running model, that was only a clone Harley with Indian looking parts. That's what impressed the clueless judge

Old 06-11-2010, 10:24 AM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Trex
wlbowers, I want to see Indian make it in the market also, I want all American Co.s to suceed, that's why I think they should look to the roots of the original Indian and be a performance co. I think you have the part about Eller backwards, Eller lost the decision in court, the Gilroy Co. won because they had a running model, that was only a clone Harley with Indian looking parts. That's what impressed the clueless judge
I totally agree with you. Would Eller have taken it a different way. It seems he had the backing.

Thanks I have corrected my original thread.

Eller was suppose to have a prototype as well. According to his "letter" the judge signed an order keeping people from seeing it.

Old 06-11-2010, 11:45 AM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,342 Likes on 1,518 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
Yeah, if I had an extra $30K laying around, I'd go for either a Bomber or a Dark Horse. I like the Indian fenders - I'd actually like to have a Harley Cossbones with some bigger fenders - at least Heritage style, if not Indian style. Looks-wise, I'm not impressed by anything that looks more modern than about the early 60's. Also a fan of the brown leather seats and bags.
MoCo did...Heritage Springer made from '05-'07. Own one and like it. Obviously not liked by many because they no longer make it while the 'Bones' seems to be doing well.

Re: new Indians, Nice looking IMO but for the cash think I would own a 48-53 before I would plink down that chunk of money on a new one

Old 06-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wlbowers
I totally agree with you. Would Eller have taken it a different way. It seems he had the backing.

Thanks I have corrected my original thread.

Eller was suppose to have a prototype as well. According to his "letter" the judge signed an order keeping people from seeing it.
I wonder what was behind that stupid judges decision, and hiding the Eller prototype.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:13 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Trex
I wonder what was behind that stupid judges decision, and hiding the Eller prototype.
The way the letter read there was some shady dealing going. According to Lambrola it seemed like the judge started to do everything possible to take it away from Eller Ind. And in the end that's what happen.

It's history now.

Which Indian would you choose? This would be my choice.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:26 PM
Jade Dragon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mp
It's nothing but an overpriced Harley clone, with Indian-style fenders. Indian went out of business in 1953, still trying to sell bikes with flathead engines, and they ain't NEVER coming back.
I am wondering what if anything on these bikes justifies the price. It has a cool speedometer and some nice chrome but what makes this bike different from a Harley? Anyhow here is the I would choose. The Vintage model

Last edited by Jade Dragon; 06-11-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:37 PM
bluesmanjesse
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Indian really needs a "Sportster" style entry level bike. Something light,cheap,and stylish. I wish we had say a Big 3 in the American bike world maybe HD,Victory,Indian or better yet a completly new brand not a re-hashed name plate.