General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indian MC are back.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 01:39 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member

Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

The bomber sure is pretty....
Expensive, but pretty...

Old 06-08-2010, 01:41 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last generation from 1999-2004? were called the worst quality bikes of the last decade by one magazine. Said they must've been but together in a factory with no lights! This generation the quality is high but the motor vibrates severely at and above 3,000 rpms. One reviewer said he thought he was going to lose his fillings in his teeth but if you twist the throttle slowly and shift early, the bike isn't bad! Two other magazine reviews weren't as kind saying the vibration on a $40,000 motorcycle is unacceptable. The engine isn't rubber mounted nor counter balanced.

Old 06-08-2010, 01:42 PM
never say never
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very expensive would not sink that kind of money into a stock bike!!!!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:54 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

They produce about 500 bikes per year. Their market is the high end motorcycle collector.
They will make it. They keep their start up costs very low.

The product is exceptional quality from the paint to the leather. It is a hand built bike. I would only fault them for no counter balancer or rubber mounting.

Last edited by lh4x4; 06-08-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:44 PM
Boxer 6
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

30 to 40 grand is a little stiff for me not knowing whether or not the company is going to make it this time. Next time you see one up close, check out the oil filter location and tell me that's not going to be a "bioch" to change.

Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Indian dealership by my house started selling Victory, Big Dog, and Aprillia in the same showroom as the Indians. That basically means they weren't making it on Indian sales alone.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:27 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

There is is nothing "Indian" in these Indians. Will these finally be the "last of the Mohicans"?

Old 06-08-2010, 03:32 PM
DocJ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by King FLH
They're not real Indians. Anybody can buy an old name and slap it on a bike. They are catching the downside of a fad, and going after the wine and cheese crowd. Good luck with that.
I would've rather they revived the old Indian Four. Now that'd be cool.
Similar to Springfield Armory. Once a legendary brand. Now, the modern Springfield Armory is foreign junk.

Okay, not junk, but not near the quality that Springfield once stood for. It looks like the new Indian is at least retaining some quality, as the ones I've seen I have been impressed with. Still, they are more expensive than I can justify.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:45 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

They need to engineer a truley new Indian motor. The one they have is basically a cosmeticly altered HD Evo motor.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Bikenator
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DocJ
Similar to Springfield Armory. Once a legendary brand. Now, the modern Springfield Armory is foreign junk.

Okay, not junk, but not near the quality that Springfield once stood for. It looks like the new Indian is at least retaining some quality, as the ones I've seen I have been impressed with. Still, they are more expensive than I can justify.
+1+. I could not agree more! The original Springfield Armory (located in Springfield Massachusetts) name has been hijacked by a company that makes nothing! All their stuff is foreign made, mostly Croatia and elsewhere. They have been ripping off American battle rifles and combat sidearms for years and marketing this stuff to the unknowing or uncaring. These goons are not the real deal!
The original Indians were also made in Springfield, MA. I don't mean to hijack this thread but your post really really struck a chord!

Quick Reply: Indian MC are back.