General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang Seat Revenge

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 08:50 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior
Received 494 Likes on 196 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Seat Revenge

I put 22,000 miles on my stock seat and finally decided to get a better seat for my 2005 FXDI. I tried the Mustang Wide Vintage and I did not like it. Whenever I nailed the throttle I felt like Iwas going to slide right off the seat. I returned the seat and ordered a Corbin Dual tour. It is very hard and even after 2000 miles I still find it very hard. I just sent the seat back to have them inspect the foam and possibly add a half inch of softer foam just to soften up the seat a little. For the most part I am happy with the Corbin but I would not consider it a comfortable seat but I do thinik it will make a good all day seat and I am hoping that by adding a 1/2 inch of softer foam it will become a great seat.

Old 11-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,013 Likes on 577 Posts
Default RE: Mustang Seat Revenge

Last night, I spent some time comparing both the Mustang, and the Corbin Classic Solo on my 05 EG.
The Corbin is much more contoured than the mustang, the mustang looks like a flat board on the bike.
Don't get me wrong, I use the Mustang as my regular seat, and it is much more comfortable than the stock
EG seat, the old road sofa...haha... I just wish they would make one that was contoured like the Corbins are.
The Corbin is MUCH firmer than the mustang, but somehow it is more comfortable even with the stiff leather, and hard foam.
I would think the ultimate cross between the 2 would be a Corbin Classic Solo, with the foam that mustang uses.
I have bought used seats so I could evaluate them, before paying the Corbin price.
See the classifieds, for my Corbin stuff for sale.
As fas as the setback is concerned, the Mustang Solo with backrest puts you about the same as the stock seat, but slightly
higher due to the foam on the seat. I liked the fact that the backrest is on a hinge, and adjustable on the fly, with
a thumbnail screw, and it folds over for easy mounting and dismounting. Its a chrome setup, but still ugly on the bike, but it does work very well, it allows you to pivot on the fly, so you change positions easily.
The Corbin Classic Solo, set me back a full 3 inches from the stock position, and I could really stretch out, and straighten my legs
out on the highway pegs, making it easy to recline, and stretch the back, however it did put me back way too far for the
stock bars, that are still on the bike now. I have a set of Chubby's 575's to cure this, and it will help with the Mustang setback too, cause , if you put they backrest all the way back, its hard to reach the bars for me, I'm 5"11".
The Corbin backrests, are very comfortable, but they have to be taken off to be adjusted, I see an adjustment screw on both ends
of the post, assuming they can be adjusted at both places. It seems like the bed of the post has a lot to do with your comfort level
using one of these backrests.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents on the Mustang/corbins