General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MC Books reads

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010 | 06:25 PM
Plasteredcat
|
Road Master
Post MC Books reads

I just finished reading NO Angel & Under & Alone.

No Angel was i think the better of the two.

Old 06-06-2010 | 07:28 PM
ia2189
Club Member

I actually preferred Under & Alone. The ending of No Angel was disappointing. Probably depends on which one you read first. Another decent one is "Hell's Angel: The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club".
http://www.amazon.com/Hells-Angel-Ba.../dp/0060937548

The below link has some good recommendations as well.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/off-t...849-books.html

Old 06-06-2010 | 07:30 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

Is no angel by that guy that went undercover with the Hells Angels? If so, I dislike him too much from his TV appearances to read the book. I really liked Under and Alone, however - wish that jackass Mel Gibson would finish the movie.

Somewhere I recall that I have Hunter S. Thompson's book about the Hells Angels. If I could find it, I'd read it.

Old 06-06-2010 | 07:33 PM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer

I loved "The Original Wild Ones: Tales of the Boozefighters"

Old 06-06-2010 | 07:44 PM
brandonsuperglide
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ia2189
I actually preferred Under & Alone. The ending of No Angel was disappointing. Probably depends on which one you read first. Another decent one is "Hell's Angel: The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club".

I liked Under & Alone and The Life and Times of Sonny Barger but didnt really care for No Angel.

Old 06-06-2010 | 08:11 PM
Plasteredcat
|
Road Master

No Angel did not portray the Hells Angels as smart business men.... I have to think there were important parts that were left out to make the agents look better. I did walk away from the book feeling that the Hells Angels were not going to patch these guys in. After the killed a rival club member in Mexico seemed so far fetched that they were just stalling. It was a good read, i hope to find the next best book soon about MC life.

Old 06-06-2010 | 09:27 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master

I really enjoyed David Hough's Proficient Motorcycling and More Proficient Motorcycling. Thought Etiquette for Outlaws was funny as hell....

Old 06-06-2010 | 09:34 PM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member

I just ordered "No Angel", Hells Angels by Hunter Thompson, and Hells angel by Sonny Barger. Kind of get all the viewpoints. I guess I will see how long it takes to get here.

Old 06-07-2010 | 12:05 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Deadbroke_bootleg
I loved "The Original Wild Ones: Tales of the Boozefighters"
+1 on this. LOVED THIS BOOK [The Original Wild Ones]. Great history on how the "American Biker" was born.

And I read the other books also and "no angel" was written by someone I consider a major a-hole.

Under and Alone was ok.

Old 06-07-2010 | 08:40 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member

Try the Mammoth Book of Bikers,its got most of the m.cs in there right back to Hollister.edited by a guy called Arthur Veno.

Quick Reply: MC Books reads