General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone know what "Employee pricing is at Harley???"

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010 | 02:19 PM
bjewell
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default Anyone know what "Employee pricing is at Harley???"

Does anyone here know what kind of discount employees get at a dealership?

Thanks!

Old 06-06-2010 | 03:00 PM
GMbagger
Road Captain

Yeah, MAYBE $1500 off MSRP. The real deal is getting to know the people that run the dealer and somehow get in good with them. Joining a HOG chapter and being active in it helps too since alot of dealer managers and owners are part of them.

It's not what you know, it's WHO you know.

Old 06-06-2010 | 03:40 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior

Are the employees that work at dealerships employees of the MoCo or employees of the dealer? It's my experience that a lot of the sales people at dealerships can't afford a Harley.

Old 06-06-2010 | 04:57 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by sm0kediver
Are the employees that work at dealerships employees of the MoCo or employees of the dealer? It's my experience that a lot of the sales people at dealerships can't afford a Harley.
I would think that since the dealership is privately owned, the employees would be the retainer of the person that owns the dealership, and on your other statement if the sales people at the dealership here did not ride what they sold, I would not do business with them (everyone at the dealership I frequent rides).

Now for the OP, I believe that the employee pricing for the sales people starts at 48% over MSRP.

Old 06-06-2010 | 05:15 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
if the sales people at the dealership here did not ride what they sold, I would not do business with them (everyone at the dealership I frequent rides).
I don't know what dealership you frequent, but I have talked to sales people at two of your local dealerships that didn't have bikes (Earl Small and Atlanta HD). I didn't take a poll to see if all their employees rode though..

Old 06-06-2010 | 05:34 PM
ernofsteel007
Road Warrior

yeah i agree, the salesmen at my local ride minivans n the mechanic rides a Vmax there everyday, my local has had alot of so-called "employee pricing sales" lately as a sales gimmick but when you go in they just took a grand off their original asking price.

Old 06-06-2010 | 05:51 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

You can't be serious ?

Old 06-06-2010 | 06:30 PM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior

Way serious. Both of them that I ran into were hoping to get a Harley in the next year or so (I guess they'd have to say that though). I'm sure most do own/ride Harleys, but there are some exceptions.

Old 06-06-2010 | 06:44 PM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Can't say I'm surprised. One of the largest dealerships in D/FtW has parts people that don't own or ride motorcycles.

Old 06-07-2010 | 01:02 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member

I don't know what dealership you frequent, but I have talked to sales people at two of your local dealerships that didn't have bikes (Earl Small and Atlanta HD). I didn't take a poll to see if all their employees rode though..
Like I said if they don't ride then I don't shop there. My dealership of choice is Chattahoochee Harley Davidson in Columbus Ga. Not all of the employees ride I know of one that works there that doesn't, but it has also been over 2 years since I walked in the doors there so a lot could of changed.

Quick Reply: Anyone know what "Employee pricing is at Harley???"