Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cant sell bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 03:01 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

My bike is worth what I will take for it. If someone won't pay what I'm asking, it's worth me keeping.

Me personally, I think a big problem with the selling a bike is, to many people saying the economy is to low over and over again until nothing is worth a ****. But then again, neither is my opinion.

Last edited by SoftailBrian; 06-29-2010 at 03:41 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 07:26 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the right price?

Putting $5000 of accessories on a $5000 dollar bike and what do you have?

A $5000 dollar bike.

Most custom work done makes a bike ugly. It's as if everyone was to do their own paintings to put up on their walls in their homes.

Curb Appeal

Everyone can paint, but it does not make them an artist.

Many can bolt on parts, it does not make them an artist.

Stock Harley's have a design that is appealing to the masses. Sadly most customizing only appeals to a few.

Theres a reason why most homes are painted certain colors.

Sadly a lot of custom work is too radical to appeal to the majority. So owners customize themselves to fewer potential buyers. Less demand = lower price.

Then the public has learnt that why pay more for a used bike then the dealer is willing to pay for on trade in.

Private sellers don't give warantees.

Won't give you a refund if they stuck you.

So why pay retail from a private seller?

And if the seller can't move the bike on his own as he is about to take delivery on his new bike he accepts the trade in offer from the dealer.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:54 AM
rossn2
Road Master
Received 131 Likes on 73 Posts

A lot of middle-aged people walked away from their bikes when the economy took a dump couple of years ago. Result is greatly flooded market with repoed bikes, causing failing to hold resale. Hopefully, things will start to improve in the future.

Old 06-30-2010, 12:50 PM
babyray
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rossn2
A lot of middle-aged people walked away from their bikes when the economy took a dump couple of years ago. Result is greatly flooded market with repoed bikes, causing failing to hold resale. Hopefully, things will start to improve in the future.
I know ill get some flak for this, but its been my experience that when you pull the payment book out for a motorcycle,boat,airplane,toyhauler,or tit-job it kinda takes some of the fun out of it. The moral of the story is, if you dont have more than half the cash stay home.

Old 06-30-2010, 01:18 PM
ga guy
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you buy from a private seller you can win or lose, if you buy from a dealer you'll always lose! they are professional money suckers.
They will suck every cent they can! It is their job! Documentation fee, destination fee, toilet paper fee!
I suggest whoever bought a bike from a dealer look at receipt and check every line. They can take more tax than they supposed to. Somebody bought a Jeep and dealer charged tax like for 4500 lb. vehicle, I told them it was 3000 lb. They gave money back.
Dealer knows every trick how to screw buyer! That is what they do every day! They will sell you used bike with problem and then they overcharge you for repair.