General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No MORE REFUNDS - Advanced Carbon Composites ACC Helmets

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 04:32 PM
fly
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I dropped a complaint on Friday due to the lateness of the refund...seems that already had many complaints on file...no leverage...they just take the complaint.

AUCKLAND...I have a medium available for a discount price, LOL.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:06 PM
Qball
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sent mine back a few weeks ago and it returned today. No refund and phones are disconnected. I called the DOT recall number and they said they could just file a complaint and probably nothing will come out of it. So helmet will go in trash and off to buy an HD one! At least I wore it for a few years without needing it!

Old 06-07-2010, 12:32 PM
bigstevex4
Tourer

I hate wearing a helmet but have one of these i put on when i have to but i had no thought it would protect as good as a fully padded darth vader speacal

Old 06-07-2010, 12:39 PM
sunrise rider
Cruiser

Glad I kept mine, by the time I found out about the recall I figured it was to late to get anything before they went bust. Ohio doesn't have a helmet law so I will keep wearing mine since it's the best fitting helmet I've purchased. I know it's not DOT rated but I think it does offer some protection since they initally passed some test or it wouldn't have had a DOT certificate to begin with.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:31 PM
waterbuffalo750
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sunrise rider
Glad I kept mine, by the time I found out about the recall I figured it was to late to get anything before they went bust. Ohio doesn't have a helmet law so I will keep wearing mine since it's the best fitting helmet I've purchased. I know it's not DOT rated but I think it does offer some protection since they initally passed some test or it wouldn't have had a DOT certificate to begin with.
That's how I feel too. And it's small enough to fit in my saddle bag. Besides, it DOES have a DOT label on it, and it wasn't put on there fraudulently, so I'll use it if I am passing through a helmet law state.

Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM
waterbuffalo750
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Qball
Sent mine back a few weeks ago and it returned today. No refund and phones are disconnected. I called the DOT recall number and they said they could just file a complaint and probably nothing will come out of it. So helmet will go in trash and off to buy an HD one! At least I wore it for a few years without needing it!
Don't throw it away man. I am sure you could sell it or even give it away. What size is it?

Old 06-07-2010, 01:33 PM
Desertram800
Cruiser

Well for anyone who is stuck with a large polo, and wants to sell it, I'm just a pm away!

Old 06-07-2010, 03:06 PM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm sorry to bring this back to the top, but I guess I missed how they could have gotten DOT approval on these things, and then suddenly they're not DOT approved. Where was the mix up?
I have one of these I bought 3 years ago, and while it sure was light, the chin strap was placed too far back and the "buckle" was the cheesiest thing I'd ever seen on a supposedly real motorcycle helmet. I'd seen better bicycle helmet buckles. I kept it anyway and still use it occasionally, but when it's windy it wants to hang off the back of my head like a parachute. I use a Skid Lid now, but I don't like it much.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:37 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 302 Likes on 231 Posts
Cool

Sounds to me that those folks that are "stuck" with an ACC helmet, ought to be posting them For Sale in the classifieds here, since there's a number of ACC enthusiasts here that would gladly take them off your hands if the price is right.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:49 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You have to adjust the strap at the v and they wont ride up on your haed

Quick Reply: No MORE REFUNDS - Advanced Carbon Composites ACC Helmets