Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With less than 350 hours until the start of the Hoka Hey Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:04 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default With less than 350 hours until the start of the Hoka Hey Challenge

Just how many are definitelly going to show up for at least the start?
How many actually have the planning & financing to complete the deal?
Any alliances already made? Kinda like them reality show things?
Any guesses on how many actually entered , or will start?
Any guesses on actual expected to complete the challenge?
My thought's on starter's is less than 500 , and I olny expect perhaps 50 to MAYBE 125 finish. IF that many!
VERY VERY few have the time & finances to do the complete deal , not to mention family obligations of basicaly taking 3-4 weeks from start to finish , as in time from leaving the house to getting home (might be easier for you west coaster's shipping your bikes to the start and flying in) And then there's the enudurance , how many have done ANY competititive event that waseven 24 hour long , much less than several days? I' think less than 1/2 will even get to the 1/3 mark.
Your thought's? I DO wish the best for all involved .... and hope I kick all ur asses!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 05:19 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,240 Likes on 4,779 Posts

I'm leaving the house on Tuesday (3 days) and riding to KW.

I have the $$$$ to finish and get my *** home barring any unforeseen big time problems and do plan on riding to the finish in Homer and then the 4,000 miles back home.

I've corresponded with a few online, arranged meetings and met with a couple in person on the road over the last several months. But as far as alliances....Nope!!

Met a guy the other day that said he registered just a couple weeks ago and got the impression from RedCloud that he was somewhere around 750 in pack.

I'm thinking over 90% will start. Maybe 30% will finish.

As far as kickin my *** in the Challenge. There is nothing wrong with having a good imagination. I highly encourage you to continue with your delusion as long as it doesn't become an obsession you should be OK.

See ya Key West and.....................HOKA HEY!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 11:15 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior

750 would be a good turnout considering economic and time constraint's at this time! Yoy really think 30% will make it? I was figuring maybe 15-25% max , as many will get about 3 states in and then point to thier house! Will be a blast to get started!

Old 06-06-2010, 11:20 AM
hdtwice
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys....I am excited for ya!!! Looking forward to seeing everyones progress and adventures Good luck to you all!!

Old 06-06-2010, 12:12 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior

Just getting out of Florida will seem like forever to many!

Old 06-06-2010, 12:24 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Best of luck to you guys. I hope some rider from this forum wins the prize!

Old 06-06-2010, 01:05 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by rydermike
Yoy really think 30% will make it? I was figuring maybe 15-25% max , as many will get about 3 states in and then point to thier house! Will be a blast to get started!
Yes I do think 30% will finish. Really only care about 1. It's gonna be a blast at least for the 1st few days.

HOKA HEY!!!!!

Old 06-06-2010, 01:38 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
I'm leaving the house on Tuesday (3 days) and riding to KW.

I have the $$$$ to finish and get my *** home barring any unforeseen big time problems and do plan on riding to the finish in Homer and then the 4,000 miles back home.

I've corresponded with a few online, arranged meetings and met with a couple in person on the road over the last several months. But as far as alliances....Nope!!

Met a guy the other day that said he registered just a couple weeks ago and got the impression from RedCloud that he was somewhere around 750 in pack.

I'm thinking over 90% will start. Maybe 30% will finish.

As far as kickin my *** in the Challenge. There is nothing wrong with having a good imagination. I highly encourage you to continue with your delusion as long as it doesn't become an obsession you should be OK.

See ya Key West and.....................HOKA HEY!!!
im rooting for ya Ironass. i wish i could make the trek but unfortunatly this year is out of the question maybe next go round i'll have something to do it with

Old 06-06-2010, 02:36 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
im rooting for ya Ironass. i wish i could make the trek but unfortunatly this year is out of the question maybe next go round i'll have something to do it with
I feel for ya man. You'll be with us that are riding from the Forum in our hearts and thoughts. Get back in the wind as fast as you can.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:13 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
I feel for ya man. You'll be with us that are riding from the Forum in our hearts and thoughts. Get back in the wind as fast as you can.
working on it have you checked out my re-build thread lately? made quite a bit of progress so far

Quick Reply: With less than 350 hours until the start of the Hoka Hey Challenge