Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With less than 350 hours until the start of the Hoka Hey Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 11:08 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HOKA HEY IA...Wooot!Woot!

Old 06-08-2010, 11:58 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
I'll be rolling out of the garage tonight at around 2000 hrs pacific time for my 2500 mile ride to Key West for the start. It's really starting to feel real now!

I plan on riding mostly freeway as I want to stop and see some people along the way. Have an appointment in Miami on the 14th for fresh rubber. I'm giving myself plenty of time in case there are any bugs I need to work out along the way. I normally don't pack this much **** for a bike trip but I'm taking allot in the way of tools, spare parts etc.

Although I don't anticipate any problems I think it's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.
someone else who understands why i pack so many tools on my bike LOL.

have a safe trip man, remember if your doing it to win, dont get caught speeding or breaking any traffic laws.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:21 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I quit packing alot of tools and supplies when I started keeping the shovelheads withing a few hundred miles of the house! For the more modern iron the averages of breaking down compared with the potential problem's caused by carrying the extra wieght are easily outwieght by the desire to carry what is absoloutly needed. Rode newer bikes for 50,000 miles? or so and never broke down on you? even less likely to do so on a 10,000 mile trip!