Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With less than 350 hours until the start of the Hoka Hey Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 05:02 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,240 Likes on 4,779 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
working on it have you checked out my re-build thread lately? made quite a bit of progress so far
You bet. I've been following it and you are cookin right along. Keep it up and you'll be ridin B4 ya know it.

I think the **** you are doing would make better T.V. then any of those "chopper shows" that have been on over the last few years.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:44 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Man the negativity, yeah I'll be there, flying back from DC thursday night will be up at 0330 in Key West at 0830 Friday morning. Just remember you guys are old and worn out, make sure you let the nursing home know where you are going or they will file a missing person report. I will finish the ride if I have to pull the bike up hill and coast down hill to get there.
Ride safe boys.

Last edited by masterblaster; 06-06-2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 05:52 PM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 280 Likes on 215 Posts

Wish all of you well ... Know several taking this challenge .. Good Luck !!

Old 06-06-2010, 10:23 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be starting a thread in the General HD Chat section on or before the 20th, tracking the progress of the number one seed, Iron ***..You all can check in (I'll update it twice a day) to see where your favorites are. I will assume wherever Mark is they will be somewhere behind. Masterblaster, remember, with age, comes wisdom, something that youngsters do not possess. Starting will be monumentous....Finishing will be a great feat, but remember, in a warrior society, there is NO prize for second place...

Good Luck and God Speed to all who compete....

Old 06-07-2010, 05:28 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Be fun to watch 750 Harleys going up through the Keys on that skinny assed Hi Way.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
You bet. I've been following it and you are cookin right along. Keep it up and you'll be ridin B4 ya know it.

I think the **** you are doing would make better T.V. then any of those "chopper shows" that have been on over the last few years.
nah doubt it to much foul language, violence, nudity and graphic content LOL

Old 06-07-2010, 05:34 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

You should use Google Latitude to track people's progress. Check it out. http://www.google.com/latitude/intro.html

Old 06-07-2010, 06:22 PM
TurkeyRun
Road Warrior

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Hey - I'm wondering

Since this isn't covered on ESPN/Speed or anything, is there a way to keep tabs on the doins' ?You know, how many make it to each checkpoint, side stories about the riders, stuff like that?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:33 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

[QUOTE=TurkeyRun;6827827]Hey - I'm wondering

Since this isn't covered on ESPN/Speed or anything, is there a way to keep tabs on the doins' ?You know, how many make it to each checkpoint, side stories about the riders, stuff like that?[/QUOTE

Not as far as I am aware. It is going to be an 8 part show sometime in the fall.

Here is a link to the production company's website.......http://www.sunriseentertainment.com/
You should be able to get updates as far as air times etc from it but I haven't heard anything about a way to follow it as it unfolds.

You might also check the Facebook page at.......http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hot-Sp...0858080?ref=mf

Old 06-08-2010, 05:41 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Default Gettin real now. Less then 17 hours!!

I'll be rolling out of the garage tonight at around 2000 hrs pacific time for my 2500 mile ride to Key West for the start. It's really starting to feel real now!

I plan on riding mostly freeway as I want to stop and see some people along the way. Have an appointment in Miami on the 14th for fresh rubber. I'm giving myself plenty of time in case there are any bugs I need to work out along the way. I normally don't pack this much **** for a bike trip but I'm taking allot in the way of tools, spare parts etc.

Although I don't anticipate any problems I think it's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it.

Quick Reply: With less than 350 hours until the start of the Hoka Hey Challenge