General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle "gangs"

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:04 PM
EasyriderFI
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought my bike was fast. I have had some of the Outlaws ride right by me. They paid me no mind.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:15 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Clutch13
Meanwhile over at the 1%'er forum, there's a thread titled, "motorcycle yuppies" asking, "Just wondering if anyone has had any confrontations with a yuppie club or yuppies while riding solo. I mean like getting real close or following you where ever you go? Just wondering."
Now that there is funny, funny you mentioned it, I just got through picking on a bunch of them 1%ers the other day, poor defensless bikers they are Joke.

Actually, one day i walked up to a bunch of them, when one spoke to me I struck up a convo with them, introduced myself, got introductions back, shook hands with all of them..and after BSing for a bit took off my own way with an invite to prospect no less. They are just normal folk, with normal family's, with normal jobs, just like you and I, they just happen to love bikes, wear a patch and have tats. People are scared of them only because they are scared of the unknown, typical human behavior.
Seen a group of members from another club, walked past and just said "nice day" and walked on and i could hear one of them ask the other "Who the F*** was that?" the answer, "I dont know who the F*** it was" i just smiled and kept on walking, i work with the president of that clubs wife and have been invited by him to stop in for a meet and greet, but i didnt see him and kept walking, besides, there was nekkid women all over the place and i was distracted

dont be afraid of them, they are not out to get you, at the worst you simply do not exist.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:28 PM
HossNH
Cruiser

Originally Posted by badwhine
I have had some very serious confrontations with the Harley HOG mc. I was at the local buffett and they rolled/roared in from a 6 mile ride.I was pushed aside and told show respect to the grey haired, hungry mass that has rolled into town.
... and that's when the fight broke out....

Old 06-04-2010, 08:35 PM
Jabo
Cruiser

Several years ago my wife and I booked a room at the Holiday Inn in Myrtle Beach for the Spring Rally. We didn't realize that there was an HA convention for the east coast there. Didn't have a problem the entire time we were there. Good people. Ran into some that were really trashed on the elavator and not a problem. Don't disrespect them and they won't mess with you, and I think that goes for most groups/gangs/clubs/whatever. The non HA were more of a pain in the a--.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Slopneck
Road Master

Originally Posted by 08rock
Where do you ride. In Charming?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:22 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HossNH
... and that's when the fight broke out....
Yep. They get all crazy-like when they miss the "early bird special", throwing sparkplugs and ball bearings at the waitresses and demanding their senior discounts!

Old 06-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Clutch13
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Wendell Allen
I run into these guys all the time around Houston. Mostly San Jacinto, La Familia, and Banditos. Of course the Banditos is the only club with the tough rep. Everyone else on here is right in that they pretty much look right through me unless I strike up a conversation with them first.

However, a few Bandito's members moved into a place down the street from me, and now we have Banditos members up and down the street all day long every day. They're all cool and most of 'em wave at me or rev their engines as they pass by the house when I'm outside.
Bandidos...not this guy...

Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 PM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior

I've gone in the same direction no recognition, maybe a nod. Passed a group every once and a while same no recognition they are always in a real tight pack zipping down the road.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Wanna Ride
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by stro1965
The word respect is over-used.
No it's not. Respect is not fear. Respect is what we each deserve of each other.

You don't have to like them or approve of them, but you should respect them. As they should you.

If you walk past them in a c-store getting a cup of coffee on your way to work, uniformed or not, and say good morning, then they should deliver an apropriate and respectful reply. And the same should be expected of you if they initiate the greeting.

What's wrong with society if people think that they have to fear someone, just because of a label?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

Well, since I have a no 1%er thread rule and this one has gone a full 2 pages I'm gonna go ahead and shut it down. There are many aspects to the 1%er mystique and a lot of it is not good. I also have a no Anti LEO thread rule. The same goes with their mystique. We have too many 1%ers and LEO's on this board to allow these threads to continue. They ALWAYS go bad.