General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motorcycle "gangs"

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 06:11 PM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When dealing with MC clubs the best thing to do is just mind your own business and they will leave you alone....Don't act like an a$$ and usually things will be just fine.

Most clubs if they have a problem with you (like wearing wrong colors etc within their territory) will usually have their Sgt at Arms approach you to ask/tell you to remove your "colors" or leave (they usually can tell who is unknowing about MCs and cut them a fair amount of slack) ....Do as asked and that will be the end of it....get all stand offish and full of yourself/disrespectful toward them and they will remove it for you or school you ...most likely not to gently.... (edit...now if you are wearing the wrong 3 piece in the wrong area all bets are off!)

In my years of riding I have come across a fair amount of 1% MC's such as HA, Bandidos, Barrons, Vagos, SOS and have not had a single issue with any of them. But then again I don't go walking up to them and act like I'm a BA biker or such...Again...Give respect and they will give respect...

back in 83/84 while still just a kid in high school I would ride my metric motorcycle (650cc) back and forth between central UT and Mesa AZ on long weekends & school breaks (my divorced parents lived in UT) but I went to live with my uncle & aunt in AZ to finish out my high school years....I had my first experience with some HA members. They came across me at a roadside stop where I was fixing a flat about 45 miles from as town ..a couple of members walked over (I was scared to say the least) they chuckled as they must have sensed that but they still offered help...10 or so more minutes later I was ready to ride again and they proceeded on....I ended up coming across them again an hour or so later at a fuel stop (pretty much all motorcycles stopped there as it was last gas for 100 or so miles) and while I was fueling a couple more came over and checked on me...when they found out where I was headed and knew that I was alone they kept tabs on me until our roads went in different directions.. Why? they didn't have too...bottom line I think they are just people too with a more defined way of life..

Needless to say when I told my mother about coming across HA & basically riding with them.... she pretty much tried to keep me from riding back and forth anymore..didn't work!! as you can see I still ride to this day but I don't belong to any MC as it's just not my lifestyle but I respect their choices to be in one.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:38 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 710 Likes on 353 Posts

I always wonder if the guys who say stuff like "show them respect" really mean "don't mess with them". I can agree with that, heck I wouldn't mess with a bunch of them either if I were by myself. But "respect", to me, means admiration in some regard, and I don't admire these guys. I'll leave 'em alone, give them some space (I'm not stupid) when I'm off duty, but I will never admire them. Nor would I ever expect them to respect me for who and what I am. The word respect is over-used.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:40 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by choo53
Just wondering if anyone has had any confrontations with a motorcycle gang member or members while riding solo. I mean like getting real close or following you where ever you go? Just wondering.
why would they??

Old 06-04-2010, 06:50 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

New club to be aware of. They are the lowest of the low. true scumbags. Their patch reads--- IRS-US-GOVERTMENT

You earn it, we steal it.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:58 PM
Wendell Allen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run into these guys all the time around Houston. Mostly San Jacinto, La Familia, and Banditos. Of course the Banditos is the only club with the tough rep. Everyone else on here is right in that they pretty much look right through me unless I strike up a conversation with them first.

However, a few Bandito's members moved into a place down the street from me, and now we have Banditos members up and down the street all day long every day. They're all cool and most of 'em wave at me or rev their engines as they pass by the house when I'm outside.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:03 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Default Mc Gangs

Actually, I was following them. A couple of them were doing wheelies with their ol on the back and I was quite impressed. Never seen a HD come up as fast as that.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:11 PM
big_al
Elite HDF Member

I have been to several events and there have been many different clubs present and I have NEVER had an issue with anyone. I mind my business drink my beer hangout with my buddies and call it a day.

Old 06-04-2010, 07:28 PM
klap
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 122 Posts

..I feel all warm and fuzzy inside..

Old 06-04-2010, 07:51 PM
TMM
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stro1965, I don't know you, but, I respect you for what you accomplished going
through the Motorcycle Officer Course you completed a few weeks back. You earned
the "respect" for what you went through to complete the course, and by the way,
congratulations for the Top Gun finish in it. I was one of many that anxiously awaited
your daily update.

By the same token, earning a "Patch" in one of the traditional 3 Piece Patch type
M/C's isn't exactly an easy thing to accomplish. Call it "Respect", or whatever else
you want, but the men that have one earned it, and there's where the respect aspect
comes in, whether or not someone agrees with or even understands it notwithstanding.

It's pretty amusing to see the nervous nellies that get all a-flutter when they have
a passing contact with a M/C clubmember. Treat them in the same manner in which
you would like to be treated, won't be a problem. (Sunday School 101)

Wish that could be said for other organizations that we often come into contact with, most of which are backed with the full authority of city, county, state, or federal governments.

Now those are the ones that make me nervous.

Not so much with the M/C's...

Last edited by TMM; 06-04-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:04 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

Now you guys have gone and done it. You have made me scared of myself.

Quick Reply: motorcycle "gangs"