General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

loud pipes ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010 | 03:22 AM
Thunderheader
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This exact situation is happening in Alberta. People are not going to change their pipes, obviously everyone here knows that pipes louder than 909db gets you noticed and could potentially save you for being struck by some yahoo going to get his Starbucks coffee. They say a possible $10, 000 fine but this would be the extreme, I cannot understand how it would get to that point, as well a $250 fine(possibly for first time offenders). The people that have ruined it for everyone else are the ones that feel the need to open it right the **** up in trendy neighborhoods downtown. Sure I like to crack the throttle wide open sometimes but I am aware of my surroundings and I'm not trying to show off. These days I don't give a **** how loud that persons bike is. Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!!! Just wait until somebody gets struck and killed or seriously injured, a statement of, "I didn't see them or here them, I'm so sorry"!! It will happen. Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2010 | 07:05 AM
Wingnut51
Tourer

Originally Posted by islander08
Loud and proud in TX! If you got the time to whine about my pipes, you need to get a life. Love to watch the GW crowd cringe when I pull up behind them at a light. I don't interfere with your life so stay out of mine.
Your pipes are so loud that people around you cringe? Where do you get off saying that you "don't interfere" with other people's lives? When the noise that you produce intrudes into other people's space to that extent, it is most definitely interfering. Everytime I hear excessively loud pipes I'm inclined to support noise restrictions whether it be for loud pipes or loud stereos.

Old 06-05-2010 | 07:15 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

http://www.explodingdog.com/dumbpict51/goodpie.gif

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-27-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 06-05-2010 | 07:19 AM
Wingnut51
Tourer

The AMA has published their position on Excessive Motorcycle Sound:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legislt...ions/sound.asp

I don't understand why there is so much confusion regarding the first bullet point:
All motorcyclists should be sensitive to community standards and respect the right of fellow citizens to enjoy a peaceful environment.

Old 06-05-2010 | 07:25 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

http://www.explodingdog.com/dumbpict51/goodpie.gif

Last edited by VsTheWorld; 07-27-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-05-2010 | 11:03 AM
dirtracin23
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:
All motorcyclists should be sensitive to community standards and respect the right of fellow citizens to enjoy a peaceful environment.

Its a two way street. The same old fart that raises hell about me when I drive by his house on the way home from work at 1030p has a yippin' a$$ ankle bitin' mutt that barks all the time.

What about the politicians that pass this zealous legislation and then EXPECT me to sit on my porch or on my back patio and TOLERATE the sound of jackhammers, end loaders, dump trucks, and all the associated dust from road construtuction less than 200' from my house. This goes on for 8+ hours every day for months yet they want to ticket me for excessive noise when it it takes me less than 15 seconds to get by the old buzzards house!

Old 06-05-2010 | 11:54 AM
bks6721
Tourer

Originally Posted by Wingnut51
Your pipes are so loud that people around you cringe? Where do you get off saying that you "don't interfere" with other people's lives? When the noise that you produce intrudes into other people's space to that extent, it is most definitely interfering. Everytime I hear excessively loud pipes I'm inclined to support noise restrictions whether it be for loud pipes or loud stereos.
which means its ok for YOU to intrude but not guys with pipes? gotcha

Old 06-05-2010 | 12:05 PM
mickmayhan
Intermediate

I've always had loud pipes and wouldn't have it any other way. Traded the Fat Boy for an 09 Ultra with Rhinehart TDs. They lasted one road trip and I was looking for something louder. I'm now listening to my D&Ds going down the road. I can't hear my stereo anymore, but the pipes are my music. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I have rights, too.

Old 06-05-2010 | 01:18 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mickmayhan
I've always had loud pipes and wouldn't have it any other way. Traded the Fat Boy for an 09 Ultra with Rhinehart TDs. They lasted one road trip and I was looking for something louder. I'm now listening to my D&Ds going down the road. I can't hear my stereo anymore, but the pipes are my music. I'm not trying to offend anyone, but I have rights, too.
F'ing Troll post Blah Blah

The same stupid sticks and stones may break my bones post.

Go Back to the cave, just another idiot part of the problem

Last edited by leicafish; 06-05-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 06-05-2010 | 01:21 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BBBSS
50 state legal refers to not raising emissions output (smog legal), not noise legal.
WRONG, EPA stamp refers to the Db noise level, EPA is the governing body for noise polution.

You have no clue

Quick Reply: loud pipes ?