General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone ahve PM Contour hand controls and switch housings with pics?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 08:21 PM
levineorama
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PM hand controls

Originally Posted by Dew Me
Did I also see that you are familar with BDL? I've seen very little about BDL but it looks like they make something very similar to PM's Contour set up but cheaper. Can you shed any light on that?
Don't know BDL either, but DO NOT BUY HAND CONTROLS FROM GMA. I think they're part of the Belt Drive Co now. They're PM-like and beautiful but practically non-functional. If you want to customize your bike so that it's no fun and borderline dangerous, these controls are for you.

I'm going back to my stock 2009 Cross Bones controls even though I don't like they way they look because they work perfectly. Does anyone know if the PM control package is solid and feels like brake and clutch levers should?

Attached Thumbnails Does anyone ahve PM Contour hand controls and switch housings with pics?-img_0337.jpg  
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 AM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

The BDL's I saw had chrome buttons. So if they are unreliable then maybe I could go with PM controls and purchase ONLY the buttons from BDL to complete the chrome look. I'm surprised PM won't offer chrome buttons. But I guess with as much "contrast cut" as they do I really shouldn't be surprised at all.

I plan to do the PM setup this winter but still have some thinking to do. I am much more than a fair weather rider and it does get cold where I live. I don't want to spend all this money and limit my riding season, riding conditions, and sacrifice reliability. I do want the look of the PM's though, especially with the 10" Monkey Bars I'm installing.

Is there anyone out there with PM switches that rides in the rain? Puts a lot of miles on bike and can attest to reliability? Knows if switches can be pushed with thicker winter gloves?