General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advance Carbon Helmet Scam!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 01:03 PM
Ronjo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Advance Carbon Helmet Scam!!!

I followed the recall notice and sent back two ACC helmet's over a month ago. Valued at $400. I then called several weeks after to confirm they received them OK. They did and the person said 7-10 day's for refund. Still no refund. I called yesterday and today and guess what? No one is anwsering the phones down there. I suspect they went belly up and I'm SOL on my reund. Well, I just got done filing a complaint with DOT NHTSA, but still feel I'm screwed! If you have not sent your helmet back yet, you may want to wait to confirm if you will ever see a refund! I should have just kept the $400 novelty helmets, instead of trusting a POS company who does not stand behind their products. I'll be payng them a visit next time I'm down Florida way to test for myself the DOT spear test on someone's head without one of their helmet's on it!

Old 06-02-2010, 01:27 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts

Cracks me up what do you expect when buying a helmet that I think everyone new was not correct but "hey it looked cool".

So the manufaturer gets caught and now everyone sling Sh*t.

Should have just bought a real hemet and who cares what it looks like.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Somebody posted on the multiple page "ACC" thread a day or so ago, that they got their check. As a couple who have said that went by there, "They looked to be in no hurry to do anything."
People are still receiving checks. You might be one of them. I hope they get their act together.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Auckland
Tourer

I've thought about buying a ACC helmet from somebody who was going to return it. The cops wont know the difference. It still says DOT and has a label inside. I'm not going to pay that much for a Non DOT helmet though.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:34 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been looking for a used ACC for those times when I wear a helmet - you guys need to sell them on Ebay so I can bid. I think the last one I missed went for about $10. Helmets are not required in KY.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:36 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Glad I never wanted to buy one of their crappy helmets. I'd rather just go with a real DOT helmet even if it means it's larger. I just picked up a GMAX GM55 1/2 helmet and really like it. It's not a skid lid but I could care less.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:48 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

HAHAHAHA I wish all you refund fanatics would get screwed.

I have an ACC helmet and like it. If you hit your head bad enough to be killed wearing an ACC DOT helmet, you're going to be in the same condition wearing any half helmet. Point is, if you really want protection, wear a bigger helmet, if you just want to keep the cops off your back, a half helmet will work. I bet very few actually get a ticket for wearing an ACC DOT helmet.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:50 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my check and it did clear

Old 06-02-2010, 02:55 PM
bks6721
Tourer

Did everyone really think they where DOT legal just because ACC put the sticker on them? I'll sell you a salad bowl with a sticker for $50!

Old 06-02-2010, 02:59 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Glad I kept mine. It is still the most comfortable, lightest helmet and firs like a glove.

Quick Reply: Advance Carbon Helmet Scam!!!