General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something the local HD saleman said caught my attention

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010 | 10:08 PM
BCSG
|
Tourer
Default Something the local HD saleman said caught my attention

While at the local HD dealer, I had a chat with one of the sales guys as he was showing the new 2011 color book to a guy looking to buy a Streetglide. We got to talking about various models, and he said that it wouldn't suprise him if the Rocker and the base model V-Rod disappeared. He also mentioned that they couldn't give the Cross Bones away. That suprised me, because I see them on the road here quite abit, and there a good looking platform to customize. It'll be interesting to see what Models HD drops,if any, and what they pull out of their parts bins.

Old 05-31-2010 | 10:43 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

It wouldn't surprise me to see the V-Rod and Rocker disappear. I thought the Crossbones was popular, I see a lot of them, Hear a lot of people talk about them and Last time I talked to a sales guy I know, he said they are usually sold before they hit the showroom floor.

I guess it's different in other areas of the country (here in the USA anyway). Around here they can't give away the RoadGlides. At my local dealer the salesmen call it "The Duck" (for Ugly Duckling). But I hear out west they are really popular because they are great highway bikes. I can vouch for that, I used to have a 2000 FLTR.

BTW BCCustomK, Love the Avatar.

Last edited by BikerV; 05-31-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-31-2010 | 11:05 PM
oct1949
Club Member

Have to say that those three would be my pick if three had to go..

Old 05-31-2010 | 11:12 PM
DocJ
Road Master

It is official that the base v-rod and superglide are gone, along with the softail standard. The 1200 sportster cutom is also gone. Nothing is happening to the crossbones or rocker c.

There are other threads on this...I can't remember all the models that are leaving.

Old 05-31-2010 | 11:27 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

About three weeks ago, I got $1,500 under the OTD price on a 2010 Super Glide because the dealer wanted them gone before it was known that they were discontinued.

A nice little bike.

Old 06-01-2010 | 12:46 AM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BCCustomK
While at the local HD dealer, I had a chat with one of the sales guys as he was showing the new 2011 color book to a guy looking to buy a Streetglide. We got to talking about various models, and he said that it wouldn't suprise him if the Rocker and the base model V-Rod disappeared. He also mentioned that they couldn't give the Cross Bones away. That suprised me, because I see them on the road here quite abit, and there a good looking platform to customize. It'll be interesting to see what Models HD drops,if any, and what they pull out of their parts bins.
which dealer was that and do you remember the name of the salesman?

Old 06-01-2010 | 02:05 AM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member

Not a big fan of any of those three. So if it actually turns out there is a shred of accuracy to the original post I'm not losing any sleep. However I doubt they are going to drop the Rocker or the Cross Bones. They actually don't last very long on the floor at the shop I'm at. I can certainly see H-D cutting down the V-rod line though and the base would be the one I can see them cutting. The Night Rod Special actually sells and it's much too soon for them to admit failure (if that's the case, don't know the numbers) on the Muscle.

Old 06-01-2010 | 02:39 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Default What do you want info for?

Originally Posted by DinoVelvet
which dealer was that and do you remember the name of the salesman?
By posting it, would guaranty his firing. Does it really matter?

Old 06-01-2010 | 04:50 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member

There is only on Rocker on the road around here... V-Rods are almost as scarce.

Old 06-01-2010 | 05:07 AM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member

The only reason the MoCo is keeping the VRod around, imo, is eventually the EPA is gonna force HD to put that engine in their Big Twins.

There's a used VRod a few miles from my home. It's been for sale so long the owner has cut the grass around it, leaving it in the yard.

Quick Reply: Something the local HD saleman said caught my attention