General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something the local HD saleman said caught my attention

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010 | 07:31 PM
schumacher
Club Member

like someone previously said, the rockers look tuff as hell once you fix the rear end. I've only seen a couple on the road around here though.

Old 06-01-2010 | 07:52 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

I hope they expand options on the RoadGlide.......that will be my next scoot when the time comes.

But the bean counters will lead them where they think the $$'s are. Our speculations matter not one bit.

Old 06-01-2010 | 09:55 PM
Rabbit_
Road Captain

Maybe they'll bring back the Night Train with a 240 rear tire like the 09 CVO Springer Softail has.

Old 06-01-2010 | 11:49 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

wont be a day too soon when the rocker goes........... fugliest harley model since the topper.

Base vrod is super bland so Im not surprised to see its days numbered as well.

cross bones is kinda cheesey wiht the little skull stickers and stuff but it has huge custom potential and is actually pretty cool even in stock form so that one is a bit surprising.

Old 06-01-2010 | 11:56 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by mp
Or, they could sub-contract with Briggs and Stratton to put one of their 20hp lawnmower engines "in the Big Twins".
Which would make about as much sense as what you said.
not sure why you'd say that......... I think its exactly what's going to happen; in fact I believe that is the one and only reason they brought out the vrod - to test it out, get us used to the idea and then slowley introduce the water cooled engines into the traditional lineup.

Old 06-02-2010 | 05:23 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force

or???? given the OP, is in British Columbia Canada...... perhaps Canada HD will stop importing those models north of the 49th.... and production will continue stateside....

either way, until the Dealers meeting when they announce the models, it's pure guess work.

but don't let THAT stop the "fun"

Old 06-02-2010 | 05:52 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member

A dealer in the U.K told me that from 2012 allair cooled bikes have to be water cooled,if thats true and you want a real air cooled Harley,you better buy it next year what ever it is.

Old 06-02-2010 | 05:58 AM
Rat1
Road Master

Full liquid cooling is coming, either oil or water. It is inevitable. It can be done without loosing the look other then a couple cooling lines and a small radiator.

As far as models. V rods don't sell, dealers can't hardly give them away. Same goes for rockers in my area. Roadglides are far and few between also. Go out on the road and you will see maybe 1 roadglide to 25 streetglides or electraglides (batwings). I don't know about the 1200 as I see alot of them on the roads. It seems to be a beginner/starter model for many and is a good platform. Took my sister in laws 1200 out for a ride the other day after a handlebar swap. 4 inch risers and a set of dyna bars. handpostion was shoulder height and was very comfortable. Only thing that it needs is a better tank, small leather bags and move the pegs out a little and it would be perfect. Heck I would love to pick up one myself for commuting to work and save miles on my car and Electraglide.

Old 06-02-2010 | 09:49 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member

The V Rod is not a bad bike.It is just the way they are set up from the factory.Harley needs to set them up like cruisers so they are comfortable to ride.

Old 06-02-2010 | 10:17 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member

Harley's new model touring bike to be released next year will be the FLHTCUOCBP. It will be an air/ oil cooled motor with two oil coolers mounted to each of the crash bars. It will carry 3 gallons of oil mostly of which came from the Gulf oil spill, so you have to get it from Harley. Using anything else will void your 5 year , 5 minute warranty whichever comes first. The nice feature that gives the impression of real value, is the free of charge asbestos chaps you'll need to wear or risk third degree burns from the heat given off the oil coolers. This is a fact as given to me by a salesman, so it has to be true.,,

Quick Reply: Something the local HD saleman said caught my attention