General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psycho car driver

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 12:52 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yawn. I guess the OP expected a bit more sympathy. So I'll give it a go.

I know it sucks to have someone in a cage blast you with their horn and yell at you when all you're doing is minding your own business, talking with a bud while riding in the left lane. And I'm sure you can do that without obstructing anyone or slowing down. Of course it's your god given right to flip him off. Who wouldn't - it's not only your right but it's protected by the First Amendment to the US Constitution. No wonder you were shocked and wanted some PAYBACK. Who wouldn't? I think there's some great biker movies out there that you could watch for inspiration. I mean you could carry a spare chain and try to take out the guy's windshield perhaps.
"Born Losers"

and

"The Losers"
come to mind for some reason, 'cause there's nothing like working hard to perpetuate the myth that all bikers are hell raisers with an attitude.

ok - now just to be serious for a minute. You seem rather angry. I can understand being angry at the driver in the situation you describe. He might have had a point but he didn't need to try to run you off the road. I get it. BUT - I'll venture to suggest you may need to learn to "let it go" from time to time or you may end up on the wrong end of something one day and wish you had. It's not easy I know - speaking from experience.

Let the LEOs take care of the crazies out there. They're bound to meet up eventually.

Last edited by davessworks; 05-31-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:14 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Originally Posted by hog-doc
So if Iam reading this right.... the posted speed limit is for the right lane and all lanes to the left have an assending increase in speed as you move further left?
You're not, GMAFB!

Kinda putting words in my mouth eh?

In simple terms:
Pass on the left, standard pace on the right - both supposed to be within the speed limit. It's the rule, but not always observed typically.

You don't like someone riding your *** in the left lane. Move the F over.
Someone riding your *** in the right lane? Shoot the bastards!

lp

Last edited by lp; 05-31-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:21 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone driving in the left hand lane at or below the speed limit is causing much more harm than good. It is not your job to enforce the speed limit.

Causing people to back up behind you, or to have to pass you to the right is a leading cause of Road Rage. Is that what we want to do? Make people madder and madder? While they are in what might as well be a tank and we are on a unicycle? Even a Yugo is dangerous to a biker when a mad driver is behind the wheel. Make em madder, sure why not.

It is common road knowledge that the left lane is for the faster vehicles. Do you not see signs in your area that says "slower traffic keep right"? Those signs are advising you of the LAW, not giving you an opinion.

If you are backing up traffic, and forcing cars to go around you on the right, you deserve whatever you get. Ticket, rocks, road rage, coffee, anything.

If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Definitely in this case.

Where did you people learn how to drive? I would think a biker of all people would drive like a professional. I learned from truckers, and they of all people encounter traffic in all states, all habits, and know what the rules are.

I hope I never ride around you in the left lane. I don't want anyone to think I know you by accident.

RD.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:54 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandyDowdy
Anyone driving in the left hand lane at or below the speed limit is causing much more harm than good. .

True Dat..... up here in Wisconsin the State Troopers will follow you and watch how long you "dawdle" in the left/passing lane. If you're not passing another car and just riding along for whatever reason, they'll cite you. The passing lane is there for a reason. I'm sure the laws are similar in other states.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:04 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

lol... you guys are funny.....
so, let me get my new rules straight....
i need to ride to the right... didge in and out of traffic lanes like a dousche bags so i can pass slower cars.... and get the stereo typical hes a d bag biker just jumping from one lane to the other, passing folks every where....
or i can get in the left lane.....
cruise past just about everybody safely... and have the occasional nascar driver... who seem to be bikers from this site in their cages doing 90 or better tell me i am the problem.....
seems to me
the truth hurts.. and all of you are in one big group.....
where do any of you see in my posts that i am going slow or enforcing my percieved speed limit....

And yes you are correct...
who ever the guy was that said the posted speed limit was a suggestion....
tell that to the leo who pulls you doing 10 over on a sunny day, with no traffic or peds near by... no schools.... hospitals etc....

Or doing 70 in a torrential down pour... weaving in an d out of traffic....

i dont give 2 rats *** what you kinevals say.. if i am in the "hammer lane" hammering it.. i have all the right to be there....
and just because you want to be Sr. dont mean i have to move...
the limit is the limit.. and im hardly ever doing it....
if you dont like me in the left lane.... or here for that matter... throw on your signal and pass.....

move along... dont bother to stop or look or flip me off...
you see my bike, you see my name...
keep moving....

And I will expect a thankyou card from the OP for getting the heat off him...
In Florida i am pretty sure the laws arent written... excessive speeders to the left....
It is
Slower vehicles to the right...
so I go left...
if you folks cant figure out what or how that means.. I will move over and let you pass...

Rick P.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:09 PM
howa
Advanced

Did you ever realize that you can create more of a problem by trying to solve a problem? Because someone else is an a-hole, does that mean you have to be an a-hole, too? get your head straight and get back into your ride! You may have a passenger whose life depends on you. Don't be a shmuck because the other guy is!

Old 05-31-2010, 04:14 PM
howa
Advanced

And, by the way, I've been driving for 49 years and it took me a long, long time to realize life is too short to "f" around with someone who doesn't know the limits, as if there were limits on "road rage!" They won't say how macho you were when they put that last shovel of dirt on your grave!!

Old 05-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Ironmaiden
Intermediate

No matter the size of bike an altercation with a car/truck is more risk than it is worth to me and the folks I ride with - I also agree a riding plan needs to be in place in group rides as well as hand signals which when needed can help communicate things. I also would agree with the post that said you will end up having a better day than the crazy out of control driver - esp being that you are riding on your bike.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:16 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

rlowride - given the number of responses and the nature of those responses I'm going to call you on the "i dont give 2 rats *** what you kinevals say" comment. To the OP - sorry, I thought you and rlowride were one and the same. My bad. rlowride - go get some therapy.

Old 05-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Harley_RN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rlowride
He who sleeps with itchy butt, wakes with stinky fingers!

Still wondering about your signature ?

Quick Reply: Psycho car driver