General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psycho car driver

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 01:52 AM
ecvjohnny
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i saw a guy get smashed in the face with a bottle of water for driving like a dick. best bet is to get away from them, you'll never win against a car. he will get his eventually.

Old 05-31-2010, 02:10 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The couple guys who ride with me that ride sport bikes handle all the mirror kicking...

...they're also fast enough to get away with it.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:06 AM
Ultra GI
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CardiacThug
Just a quick question...Ive heard several people talking about tossing marbles and or bearings at those ****** in cars doing stupid things on the road, but who in the hell has a hand full of marbles when they're riding on a freeway? Do you keep this garbage balled up in your leathers? I go out on my bike to ride with friends and take the wife out for a quiet ride in the evening. I don't prepare for battle! Start putting war paint on your faces like the cast in Braveheart and I'll know to change lanes when I see you coming.
You insert them in some surgical tubing and hang it from your bars, then just pop one out as needed. I used to do that years and years ago, now just carry a little bottle of baby oil in my pocket. The right tip and it works from all angles. I never use it, but have it just in case I need to get away from a situation and need to slow them a bit while I do. Karma will catch them, do not let it catch you.

Old 05-31-2010, 06:40 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,857 Likes on 1,603 Posts

I know it would feel real good to teach that asshat a lesson but people today know the marble trick. The secret is out.
Drivers today won't think twice about running you down and calling it "self-defense."
Then sue your family for your life insurance in civil court for mental anguish.

Echoing the advice from above, just get out of their way, slow down, and smile and give them the Princes wave as they fly by.
Funny as heck to see their faces when you do.

lp

Old 05-31-2010, 07:52 AM
Route66rider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There was a similar (road rage) post a week or two back . Just after that I read of a local case with the biker facing a life sentence in jail due to an earlier conviction. You never know when another witness till pop up and report what he saw you doing. I also know (as a retired deputy sheriff) that I would not have liked the idea of someone dropping marbles or any other debris and having it hit another vehicle. Have you ever seen those things bounce? Once dropped you don't have any control and they can hit any one. Just imagine the damage on a two lane bouncing over and striking an approaching vehicle.....
Just don't. Be the better man in these cases and let the jerk just believe they won while you continue to enjoy your ride on the bike and not in the back of a patrol car!

Old 05-31-2010, 08:00 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

the greatest form of revenge, is to forget...
in ant situation...

You know how pissed off asshats get when you just dont acknowledge acts like that...

Forget about it and go on about your great day..

Old 05-31-2010, 08:04 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by smithbrl
If you're in the hammer lane, you better be hammering. I hate to be poking along in the fast lane behind somebody that's holding me up. Doesn't matter how fast he's going.

Throwing marbles and stuff at a vehicle that's several times as big as you are may get you hurt bad. Never forget the "Law of Tonnage".
Exactly. The left lane is for passing, not talking. Also, you might want to check for oncoming traffic in the left lane before you move out there for conversation? One more thing, how do you talk to another bike at freeway speeds without a com system?

Old 05-31-2010, 08:20 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

im just going to put this out there..
i ride in the left lane...on the highways..
Why, cause i like cars only passing me on one side, dont want to deal with on coming vehicles..
I also do 5 or so miles over the speed limit...
With that being said.. its not the hammer lane, or fast lane..
Slower cars keep right..
the speed limit is the limit! period..
So if i am going over the LIMIT, then I am not holding anyone up...
If you as a cager or anyone else chooses to go faster than the posted limit, then thats on you and you can pass me...

Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

1) If you throw stuff at the car, what is going to keep it from hitting your fellow riding buddies?

2) You are going to loose in a Road Rage battle.

I have a friend who was driving in his TRUCK when a car behind him got mad like your guy did (riding his ***, so he slowed down). When they passed him they threw an empty bottle of Jack Daniels at him breaking his drivers window and cut him up bad in the face.

I also was standing in the Harley shop when a guy was telling a story about how he thought a pickup cut him off, so he pulled over, got out a gun and started shooting at them. He couldn't understand why he got arrested.

The road is full of drunks, meth heads and loosers who are pissed at the world, just get out of the way.

Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 AM
t059736
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Really glad to read that most riders on this forum are well balanced motorcyclists and not complete idiots.
It's one thing to "dodge" a pinched rock that comes flying out at you from a truckers duals;
quite another to dodge steel ***** that's been thrown on the highway by some IDIOT!

Ride In Peace

Quick Reply: Psycho car driver