General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psycho car driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 10:56 AM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowride
you mean like the ones telling me i should be beaten.. and so forth..?

Says the man who counted my posts...
And I did say that.. have you read how i am causing the destruction of man kind...?
These folks are passionate about the left lane...
nothing derogatory in that statement....
So it still seems to come down to the fact that basic common sense and courtesy are alien concepts to you.

If someone comes up on you, you are supposed to move over. In many states that I've lived in, you can actually get a ticket for impeding traffic in the manner you are specifically describing. It's been awhile since I lived in Florida, but that was true there at one time. (Does people get tickets often, no, but if there's a law for it, maybe there's a reason?)

That said, I tend to spend time in the left lane. However, I move over when it's safe to do so. Usually that's difficult because on the roads in my area (especially between Vegas and Phoenix) the right lane is pretty jacked up, and not fun when you're on a bike.

I don't think it's a matter of being passionate about the left lane as much as it us wanting more people to be respectful and courteous drivers and riders. The actions you are doing basically are reflecting on us riders as a whole (the cager sees some MC rider in the left lane like he/she owns it, is impeding traffic, and thinks another jerk on a motorcycle). It seems a little silly to WANT to be the person that instigates road rage, which is basically what you are doing with your holier than thou attitude.

Do I think you should be beaten or something bad should happen to you? Not in the slightest, unless you are abusing animals or children. I don't know about you, but if I drove/rode like that and caused some guy to get pissed off and their subsequent actions caused another accident or fatality that I was indirectly responsible for, I'd feel pretty rotten about myself.

Last edited by Cryptoboy; 06-05-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

OK, I'm pretty sure that we've spent enough time threatening each other and calling each other names about idiots in the left lane. In Illinois you WILL get a ticket for jacking around in the left lane. It's common curtesy to move over and let faster traffic pass. If you want to split hairs on the fact that they may be breaking the law by speeding then you probably should be riding a moped instead of a Harley.