General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psycho car driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 07:20 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by hog-doc
So if Iam reading this right....the posted speed limit is for the right lane and all lanes to the left have an assending increase in speed as you move further left?

GMAFB!

I will do 5-10 over in the left lane all day long, if I come up on someone going slower I will go AROUND THEM, if you come up on my *** and expect me to move, your gonna see my brake lights get closer real fast.

Asshats in Phoenix drive like that all the time, ride your *** (in any lane even when the other lanes are completly open) if your going slower than they want to. Ive brake checked dozens of these a$$holes on my bike and in my truck. All of a sudden they remember how to change lanes.

Phuq em if they want to drive like that!
This guy did the "brake check", worked out real well for him.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Romark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mr. rlowride,

You want to know what I think? I'm going to tell you anyway.

I think you are enjoying this discussion way too much.

You sick bastid!!!!

Old 06-04-2010, 08:10 AM
TequilaJohn
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most states have laws regarding impeding traffic by driving in the left lane, regardless of the posted speed limit. Some states even have laws against passing on the right. Here's a table with the various states' standing on this issue.
http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

Old 06-04-2010, 08:32 AM
harleyguy5571
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Romark
Mr. rlowride,

You want to know what I think? I'm going to tell you anyway.

I think you are enjoying this discussion way too much.

You sick bastid!!!!
I think the OP is enjoying it more.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:41 AM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by swestbrook60
One theme in this thread I detect is that most, if not all, of the pro-passing lane people seem to have no respect for the speed limit. I find it odd you advocate for adherence of one law and freely admit you violate another because it suits you and then criticize anyone who sees it different.

More lives are lost on our roads due to excessive speed than due to lane designations.

. If your running 10 - 20 - 30 over the speed limit you are putting everyone around you at risk and should be the last person to be spouting traffic laws.
Actually, no, it is choosing the lesser of two evils. I have seen multi-car crashes that were caused by someone holding up traffic and bottling people up. I believe that is more dangerous than running 10 over, IF you are a competent driver in the first place. If you had a choice, drop a brick on your foot or an anvil, would you choose the anvil? I would choose the brick, it won't hurt as bad. I have never had a high speed wreck, nor a ticket. If I buy the farm today, then you can say I learned my lesson. Til then, no problems here.

Around here, on the Interstates (I-40, I-85, and I-95), if you are not doing 10 mph over the speed limit, even in the far right hand lane, then you are causing a traffic jam. Seriously. The highways just move at high speeds. Maybe the speeds are slower where you are, I don't know. But 15 over won't even get you a ticket unless you are cutting in and out of traffic or swerving. For real, I am not making this up. It is what it is, that's all.

Originally Posted by rlowride
wow.. you guys really are pieces of ****.... seriously/...
calling me an outcast to society
wishing me death and painful existence..
calling me ignorant, dumbass, and all derogatory words you can find...
yet I am the only one telling you how I am.. none of you answer the question i posed. .I just reread the hand book... none of you *** gobblers have..
Telling me it is not my business how other drive, but i should drive differently..
Every last one of you are the ones throwing stones, telling me how and what to do and how to get to hell on a fast moving train.. then tell me its not my business how others drive and behave.
Im a social leper. no friends, no family etc..
Not one of you fire breathing old *** farts Know one ounce of me or my life .. but you think you do..
You are all like a bunch of bitch women .. or vultures.. just finding a target to pounce on...

Serioulsy, you guys sleep well at night wishing death on someone for using the left lane...
Dont worry about the other stuff or the drunk guy..
I know i am the worst person on this site it seems...
All of you obey all road rules.. perfect citizens.. all are still in the boy scouts...your all down out the beach washing off seagulls... None of you rev your loud pipes.... always stop at cross walks to help old ladies across... (prolly your wives anyhow)
But death and kicking my ***.. cause i slow you down maybe by 4 miles an hour...

I AM GLAD I DONT RIDE, KNOW OR HANG WITH ANY OF YOU !
go put on your diapers, have the nurse wipe your chins...take your Geritol..
For god sakes take a breathe.
And go find an actual cause to wish death upon somebody...
Really..
does it effect all of your lives so much that i should die for riding in the left lane?
Im AN Idiot, a moron, an ***, asshat, dumb ***.. deserve to die violently, should be beaten up because I am trying to be safe....

Yet I am the one breaking the least of the laws.....but that dont matter.... cause all of you are scavengers and just wanted to pounce where you had support....
none of you would stand alone on an issue.....
Some of you are only wishing me death 10 pages after someone else has...

Just dont get it... but as stated.. seems I wont.. i am a horrible, horrible stooooopid person who has no rights to be on any part of this planet..because I like the far left lane.....
yeah I got it...
I didn't read where anyone said that.

You are putting more at danger with your driving habits than someone running 10 over is. That is the issue.

I didn't read that either, but if you call yourself a spade, it might fit........You said it, I didn't.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:50 AM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There's no right or wrong here as far as I'm concerned EXCEPT it's a really good idea to avoid pissing off other drivers. Like it or not the simple fact of the matter is you will lose. Convention and consensus suggest that passing is preferred when it takes place to the left of the vehicle being passed. Do you move to the left for emergency vehicles? No, you move to the right. If you're going slower than someone coming up behind you, move to the right. Don't appear to be trying to enforce the speed limit. It's not your job - and it just inflames other drivers.

This is just common sense guys. Don't give anyone else on the road an excuse to think you're an AHole - they don't need one more. Regretably public peception is bad enough already.

Last edited by davessworks; 06-04-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 12:24 PM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyDowdy
Actually, no, it is choosing the lesser of two evils. I have seen multi-car crashes that were caused by someone holding up traffic and bottling people up. I believe that is more dangerous than running 10 over, IF you are a competent driver in the first place. If you had a choice, drop a brick on your foot or an anvil, would you choose the anvil? I would choose the brick, it won't hurt as bad. I have never had a high speed wreck, nor a ticket. If I buy the farm today, then you can say I learned my lesson. Til then, no problems here.

Around here, on the Interstates (I-40, I-85, and I-95), if you are not doing 10 mph over the speed limit, even in the far right hand lane, then you are causing a traffic jam. Seriously. The highways just move at high speeds. Maybe the speeds are slower where you are, I don't know. But 15 over won't even get you a ticket unless you are cutting in and out of traffic or swerving. For real, I am not making this up. It is what it is, that's all.

I didn't read where anyone said that.

You are putting more at danger with your driving habits than someone running 10 over is. That is the issue.

I didn't read that either, but if you call yourself a spade, it might fit........You said it, I didn't.
Do some reading and you will find that one of the major factors in car accidents and the severity of accidents is the difference in speed between vehicles more than the actual speed of the vehicles. As this difference increases, the risk of an accident rises exponentially.

In your example of a wreck being caused by somebody holding up traffic. That very well could be if there is one vehicle driving significantly slower that the rest...thus a significant difference in speed. Using the exact same logic, one car traveling much faster than the rest of the cars around them creates the same conditions...a significant difference in speed.

I have traveled all over this country and abroad and I know there are roads where the average speeds are well above or below the posted speed limit. Those roads go to prove my point that the safest condition is when everyone is driving near the same speed whether that speed be 30 or 80. Your own arguments go to support this concept as well.

My point is that while you claim that a slower moving vehicle causes an unsafe condition (which it does) you also argue against a vehicle getting in your way when you want to drive faster than other vehicles around you. Yet you are creating the exact same condition that you argue against which is the creation of a significant difference of speed. When everybody is traveling at or near the same speed, the need for a passing lane greatly diminishes wouldn't you say?

Just as the person driving 10,20, 30 etc slower than the other traffic raises the risk level of the whole group is driving at, so does the person driving 10,20,30 faster than the other traffic. I find it odd how so many here get irritated when a slow driver does it to you, but you have no qualms about doing it to them.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:35 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

im just going to put this out there..
i ride in the left lane...on the highways..
Why, cause i like cars only passing me on one side, dont want to deal with on coming vehicles..
Understandable - however, you do not own that lane.
I also do 5 or so miles over the speed limit...
Ah, so you're usually, what, 10MPH below traffic speed?
With that being said.. its not the hammer lane, or fast lane..
Sorry but yeah, in many states, the left lane is explicitly for passing.
Slower cars keep right..
Slower BIKES too.
the speed limit is the limit! period..
Yet you just stated you routinely exceed it by 5MPH....hmm...

The speed limit takes a back seat to traffic speed if you're concerned about safety. That sign weighs about 3lbs. The cars flying up on your *** at 15 over the limit weigh at least 3000lbs. Guess which one I'm going to pay more attention to? YMMV...
So if i am going over the LIMIT, then I am not holding anyone up...
Oooh - not true. You absolutely are holding someone up - like anyone who comes up behind you moving faster than you.

Not your job to play traffic warden.
If you as a cager or anyone else chooses to go faster than the posted limit, then thats on you and you can pass me...
We'd love to - but we have to break yet another law to do it and pass on the right, because your slow, smug, sanctimonious *** is in the way.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:39 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

see you cant comprehend ... reading is not your strong point huh?
Reading comprehension does not seem to be the problem here.

Someone who thinks he has exclusive rights to decide how everyone else must drive is the issue...

Old 06-04-2010, 12:52 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,374 Likes on 2,545 Posts

wow.. you guys really are pieces of ****.... seriously/...
calling me an outcast to society
wishing me death and painful existence..
calling me ignorant, dumbass, and all derogatory words you can find...
yet I am the only one telling you how I am.. none of you answer the question i posed. .I just reread the hand book... none of you *** gobblers have..
Telling me it is not my business how other drive, but i should drive differently..
Every last one of you are the ones throwing stones, telling me how and what to do and how to get to hell on a fast moving train.. then tell me its not my business how others drive and behave.
Im a social leper. no friends, no family etc..
Not one of you fire breathing old *** farts Know one ounce of me or my life .. but you think you do..
You are all like a bunch of bitch women .. or vultures.. just finding a target to pounce on...

Serioulsy, you guys sleep well at night wishing death on someone for using the left lane...
Dont worry about the other stuff or the drunk guy..
I know i am the worst person on this site it seems...
All of you obey all road rules.. perfect citizens.. all are still in the boy scouts...your all down out the beach washing off seagulls... None of you rev your loud pipes.... always stop at cross walks to help old ladies across... (prolly your wives anyhow)
But death and kicking my ***.. cause i slow you down maybe by 4 miles an hour...

I AM GLAD I DONT RIDE, KNOW OR HANG WITH ANY OF YOU !
go put on your diapers, have the nurse wipe your chins...take your Geritol..
For god sakes take a breathe.
And go find an actual cause to wish death upon somebody...
Really..
does it effect all of your lives so much that i should die for riding in the left lane?
Im AN Idiot, a moron, an ***, asshat, dumb ***.. deserve to die violently, should be beaten up because I am trying to be safe....

Yet I am the one breaking the least of the laws.....but that dont matter.... cause all of you are scavengers and just wanted to pounce where you had support....
none of you would stand alone on an issue.....
Some of you are only wishing me death 10 pages after someone else has...

Just dont get it... but as stated.. seems I wont.. i am a horrible, horrible stooooopid person who has no rights to be on any part of this planet..because I like the far left lane.....
yeah I got it...
i know i should just let it go....... but for some reason i just can't.

first off, i never wished death or mayhem on you. i merely said that you are creating an unsafe condition by holding up traffic in the left lane (i did add that if you did it to a trooper he could educate you. you inferred ticket, i never said that)

the simple fact is that the majority of accidents could be avoided if people would use a little common sense and courtesy. instead of pissing the guy off behind you cause you are holding him up in the left lane regardless of how fast he is driving how about just getting out of his way? if you really like riding in the left lane so much, get out of someone's way, then you can get back over if you like.

and since you seem to want to make such a big deal of reading the handbook, did you see this:

Expressway Safety Reminders
Drive in the right lane and pass on the left.
thats a direct quote from the handbook.

just admit you're wrong and move on......

Quick Reply: Psycho car driver