General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psycho car driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:43 PM
wkdayridr
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rlowride
wow... you touring guys.... and the
giant on the sporty... really have a hard on for the left lane.....
and thats it...
you guys are weird.....
speeding.... facts.... felonies.... nope, not an issue.....
left lane...
either die or go to jail.....
and i have no common sense?????

And it was posed.. how is the left safer....

WELL....
when it happens.... only when.... cars pass me on one side.... this is seldom...
in the middle... cars jockeying everywhere... in out.. slowing speeding... reading texting.. etc, all around you..
Right lane.... cars merging at every on ramp.. texting reading, eating makeup.... going to slow.. not looking.. etc
pplus the cars that are in and out of the 2 right lanes in the nascar race... drafting, passing, on and on...
So yes, As a motorcyclist, among brothers and sister.. i thought... thought wrong.. touring guys and giants on sportys are all for one get out of the way types it seems..
I protect myself and those that ride with me....

You folks in your groups, switching lanes constantly must have great rides and get togethers.... you know, when all of you finally meet up at the destination...
There is no earthly way you all stay together , unless you are the road block doing 45 or 50 in the middle lane or right lane trying to stay together...

keep preaching on your high horses, (and tiny sportys)..... wishing death upon me.. and nice tickets.....
you guys really are an awesome group of brothers...

You sir, are not just an ***. You are a dumb ***. Guess what! You're doing it wrong, and you've got dozens of guys on here telling you so. If you're so ignorant that you can't even take a step back and take stock of what people are telling you, you're just an absolute idiot.

Seriously, people like you cause accidents. But you're just too damn ignorant and self serving to think that somebody else just might be right.

I know your kind.........and I've got no use for you. Brothers?? Yes, we are all brothers in the fact that we love to ride. But I suppose pretty much every family has one pain in the *** that nobody likes to spend time with. Funny that you mention you're riding alone. There's probably a very good reason for that. I sure wouldn't ride with you.........

Old 06-03-2010, 08:49 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cars don't need to jockey for position. Come up on a slower car, merge left, pass, merge back right. Pretty simple, or it should be anyway. Til ya come up on some diehard who wants to hold up traffic in the left lane just because he can read a speed limit sign, lmao............Then there is one helluva wreck, backs up traffic for miles, but it's OK, cause you showed them YOU can do what you want in the left lane. I guess you proved your point!

Old 06-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Ghosteh
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

There's the law.
And there's common sense & courtesy.

If you're not a cop, don't try to enforce traffic laws. Just be courteous and exercise some common sense. And common sense is "keep right except to pass", regardless of which state you're in.

Accidents occur when idiot #1 is weaving in & out of traffic at 90+mph and comes across idiots #2 & #3 who decide to "teach him a lesson" by plugging up holes in traffic.

Give idiot #1 some credit... you're not going to discourage him. He'll swerve across 3 lanes, missing vehicles by a few feet, just to get around. And in doing so, he'll scare the **** out of grandma or housewife, who'll run off the road or sideswipe someone.

(BTW, if you're idiot #2 or #3 and you're on a bike, you're likely to be promoted!)

Old 06-03-2010, 10:35 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

I try to ride with Police officers,, they usually just pull out their badges and thats usually the end of it..

Old 06-03-2010, 10:41 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Am I dating myself?

Does anyone remember when trucks used to have stickers on the back -

"<OVERTAKER" "UNDERTAKER >"

Left side Right side

Old 06-03-2010, 10:53 PM
RyKR
Cruiser

Slower cars keep right..
the speed limit is the limit! period..
So if i am going over the LIMIT, then I am not holding anyone up...
If you as a cager or anyone else chooses to go faster than the posted limit, then thats on you and you can pass me...
For your information, it is slower VEHICLES keep right. That means motorcycles too. If someone is on your *** and trying to get around you, your are obviously holding them up. Get off your soapbox and get the hell out of the way.

Now, if someone else is in front of you going 5 MPH under the speed limit, which is only the max, not the minimum, do you get mad about it? After all, on most interstates you are allowed to go 15-20 mph under the posted max. limit. What if everyone in front of you were doing what is technically legal and just driving 45mph down the interstate? I guess it would be on you and you could just pass, on the berm because some righteous a$$hole is in front of you doing what is "legal".

Last edited by RyKR; 06-03-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:30 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyDowdy
Cars don't need to jockey for position. Come up on a slower car, merge left, pass, merge back right. Pretty simple, or it should be anyway. Til ya come up on some diehard who wants to hold up traffic in the left lane just because he can read a speed limit sign, lmao............Then there is one helluva wreck, backs up traffic for miles, but it's OK, cause you showed them YOU can do what you want in the left lane. I guess you proved your point!
One theme in this thread I detect is that most, if not all, of the pro-passing lane people seem to have no respect for the speed limit. I find it odd you advocate for adherence of one law and freely admit you violate another because it suits you and then criticize anyone who sees it different.

More lives are lost on our roads due to excessive speed than due to lane designations.

BTW, I did a little research and Texas did this last legislative session pass a law that says a sign must be present to make the left lane a passing lane. Currently these are only in use on specific stretches of I-20 and I-35.

Lane designations are a result of a "me first" society and common courtesy would result in an overall better situation. Move over if somebody wants by when you can do it safely, and give people a little time to move over instead of losing your head because your inconvenienced for a fraction of time. If your running 10 - 20 - 30 over the speed limit you are putting everyone around you at risk and should be the last person to be spouting traffic laws.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:47 AM
RyKR
Cruiser

Slower vehicles to the right...
so I go left...

Oh yeah, if someone is trying to pass you, you are the slower vehicle. Do you see the issue yet?

Old 06-04-2010, 06:17 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

wow.. you guys really are pieces of ****.... seriously/...
calling me an outcast to society
wishing me death and painful existence..
calling me ignorant, dumbass, and all derogatory words you can find...
yet I am the only one telling you how I am.. none of you answer the question i posed. .I just reread the hand book... none of you *** gobblers have..
Telling me it is not my business how other drive, but i should drive differently..
Every last one of you are the ones throwing stones, telling me how and what to do and how to get to hell on a fast moving train.. then tell me its not my business how others drive and behave.
Im a social leper. no friends, no family etc..
Not one of you fire breathing old *** farts Know one ounce of me or my life .. but you think you do..
You are all like a bunch of bitch women .. or vultures.. just finding a target to pounce on...

Serioulsy, you guys sleep well at night wishing death on someone for using the left lane...
Dont worry about the other stuff or the drunk guy..
I know i am the worst person on this site it seems...
All of you obey all road rules.. perfect citizens.. all are still in the boy scouts...your all down out the beach washing off seagulls... None of you rev your loud pipes.... always stop at cross walks to help old ladies across... (prolly your wives anyhow)
But death and kicking my ***.. cause i slow you down maybe by 4 miles an hour...

I AM GLAD I DONT RIDE, KNOW OR HANG WITH ANY OF YOU !
go put on your diapers, have the nurse wipe your chins...take your Geritol..
For god sakes take a breathe.
And go find an actual cause to wish death upon somebody...
Really..
does it effect all of your lives so much that i should die for riding in the left lane?
Im AN Idiot, a moron, an ***, asshat, dumb ***.. deserve to die violently, should be beaten up because I am trying to be safe....

Yet I am the one breaking the least of the laws.....but that dont matter.... cause all of you are scavengers and just wanted to pounce where you had support....
none of you would stand alone on an issue.....
Some of you are only wishing me death 10 pages after someone else has...

Just dont get it... but as stated.. seems I wont.. i am a horrible, horrible stooooopid person who has no rights to be on any part of this planet..because I like the far left lane.....
yeah I got it...

Last edited by rlowride; 06-04-2010 at 06:18 AM. Reason: dont want the spelling police on my case!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:28 AM
piggy
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I learned Long ago, YA CAN"T TALK TO AN IDIOT< that said. I remember a line,,,, if one person calls you a HORSES ***< ignore it,., BUT if the entire room calls you a HORSES ***<<, SADDLE UP.

Quick Reply: Psycho car driver