General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psycho car driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 05:07 PM
jrr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticharleyman
Wow!! You guys are scaring my assoff. 80MPH??? I thought I was speeding when I drive 70mph in a 55 zone.
hahaha
But seriously. It does make me wonder why people feel it is their right to speed at ridiculous rates. My thought is this...if you have to be at PointB at such and such a time, why not leave at the time which allows you to get to your destination at the time you need to be there. If I have to go 100 miles and the speed limit is 55MPH, then I know I have to leave no later than 2 hours b4 my arrival time. If you drive the same route, day after day, then you know what the traffic conditions are likely to be, so take that into consideration for your travelling time. If there is construction, take that into consideration. If everyone thought like me, there would be very little excessive speeding. I do admit that I travel 10 to 15MPH over the speed limit, but then again, I ride a road where you're lucky to see a vehicle every 10-15 minutes.
JMHO
The assumption that people speed because they are late for something is very, very flawed....

Old 06-03-2010, 05:19 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jrr
The assumption that people speed because they are late for something is very, very flawed....

I agree. I just like to ride fast, without being wreckless. And when I ride above the speed limit, there are usually several of us, spaced apart safely. Just moving along without impeding anyone. If someone comes up behind me, I move over and let them have the lane. As I am SUPPOSED to do. Not a ticket in 20 years, no moving violations. And I put over 400 miles per week on my truck, not counting weekends on the HD.

Perhaps some of these guys need a little scooter, lmao.

Kinda strange that the ones putting in the big cams and hi performance add-ons don't believe in riding 10 over the limit, lol. Don't be scared, just stay out of they way!

Old 06-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Lord_Rahl
Tourer

in florida the left lane is not a passing lane, that was repealed all lanes are just lanes of traffic. i feel if i am in the left lane and going above the speed limit (normally i go 75ish) and i am generally passing people. then when you get behind me i will look for a safe place to change lanes and let you pass. If you tailgate i will find the SLOWEST semi and keep pace and give you a middle finger.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:27 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Lord_Rahl
If you tailgate i will find the SLOWEST semi and keep pace and give you a middle finger.
No wonder road rage is so prevalent in Florida. If you aren't impeding traffic, there is no tailgating, not in the left lane anyway.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Bluegrasser
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lord_Rahl
in florida the left lane is not a passing lane, that was repealed all lanes are just lanes of traffic. i feel if i am in the left lane and going above the speed limit (normally i go 75ish) and i am generally passing people. then when you get behind me i will look for a safe place to change lanes and let you pass. If you tailgate i will find the SLOWEST semi and keep pace and give you a middle finger.
So you're allowed to be a ***** on the road, but others can't? Gotcha.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:34 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bluegrasser
So you're allowed to be a ***** on the road, but others can't? Gotcha.
My thoughts exactly. Equal rights my ****!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:44 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,374 Likes on 2,545 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowride
I also do 5 or so miles over the speed limit...
With that being said.. its not the hammer lane, or fast lane..
Slower cars keep right.. the speed limit is the limit! period..
So if i am going over the LIMIT, then I am not holding anyone up...
If you as a cager or anyone else chooses to go faster than the posted limit, then thats on you and you can pass me...
you are so wrong. the right lane is the travel lane, the left lane is the passing lane. when you are done passing, you are supposed to get back in the right lane. even in the backward state of la. in fact, they just passed a law that makes it illegal to drive for long periods in the left lane, and you can get a ticket for impeding traffic in the left lane, regardless of how fast (or slow) you think they should drive.

i actually dont complain....

the 4 or so posts to me have shown you guys cant stand it when someone is a bit slower than you want to be going and feel that you own the roads.. and feel the need to tell others how they should ride or drive....
so if i am going slower than you like.. you guys gunna run up on me, honk and throw **** at me? seems so...
isn't that exactly what you're doing? you are going to run the speed limit in the left lane because i shouldn't be driving that fast, by your own admission. if i am driving faster than you, then when its safe i'm gonna pass you.

i hope you **** off a sheriff one day. maybe then you'll get the education you so badly need. in the meantime, try re-reading your driving handbook. i would bet that it says to 'stay right, unless passing'.....

Last edited by skratch; 06-03-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:11 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

wow... you touring guys.... and the
giant on the sporty... really have a hard on for the left lane.....
and thats it...
you guys are weird.....
speeding.... facts.... felonies.... nope, not an issue.....
left lane...
either die or go to jail.....
and i have no common sense?????

And it was posed.. how is the left safer....

WELL....
when it happens.... only when.... cars pass me on one side.... this is seldom...
in the middle... cars jockeying everywhere... in out.. slowing speeding... reading texting.. etc, all around you..
Right lane.... cars merging at every on ramp.. texting reading, eating makeup.... going to slow.. not looking.. etc
pplus the cars that are in and out of the 2 right lanes in the nascar race... drafting, passing, on and on...
So yes, As a motorcyclist, among brothers and sister.. i thought... thought wrong.. touring guys and giants on sportys are all for one get out of the way types it seems..
I protect myself and those that ride with me....

You folks in your groups, switching lanes constantly must have great rides and get togethers.... you know, when all of you finally meet up at the destination...
There is no earthly way you all stay together , unless you are the road block doing 45 or 50 in the middle lane or right lane trying to stay together...

keep preaching on your high horses, (and tiny sportys)..... wishing death upon me.. and nice tickets.....
you guys really are an awesome group of brothers...

Old 06-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Red9
Road Captain

im just going to put this out there..
i ride in the left lane...on the highways..
Why, cause i like cars only passing me on one side, dont want to deal with on coming vehicles..
I also do 5 or so miles over the speed limit...
With that being said.. its not the hammer lane, or fast lane..
Slower cars keep right..
the speed limit is the limit! period..
So if i am going over the LIMIT, then I am not holding anyone up...
If you as a cager or anyone else chooses to go faster than the posted limit, then thats on you and you can pass me...
Oh damn....
Your problem is easily diagnosed. You are an idiot.
You see, if you were the only person on the road then you could ride as you wish and obiously no one would care. Unfortunately though, millions of others also use the road and if everyone drove the way they 'liked'... Well hopefully you get the idea.

Quite simply, the left lane is used for passing vehicles which are travelling slower than you. Once you complete the pass you go back into the center or right lane. You do this so that others who are travelling faster than you (and it is none of your business if they choose to do so) can do as you just did. And this is the reason why you are an idiot...
You feel you have the right to use the left lane to pass slower vehicles BUT other's don't. You believe you have the right to dictate speed in the left lane. You feel cause you "like cars only passing me on one side, dont want to deal with on coming vehicles.." that everyone should bend to your wishes....

Quite simply you do not belong on the highway. I am also betting you don't fit well into society also. The general rules of civility don't suit you do they?.... Mommy and Daddy told you you were special. Well guess what? You're not. Most people figure that out before they leave their teenage years behind.

You need to be dragged off your high horse and beaten till you can no longer plead for mercy but likely somebody in a cage will take you out before then.

Damn I can't believe I finally met one of you! I have been waiting for years to learn the rational behind your ignorance.

Lee

Old 06-03-2010, 08:21 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

lol... i just read most of the florida handbook..

left lane is for passing.... you guys can go download it...

also..
the posted speed limit is the maximum allowed...period!!!!! so...

Also.. let me guess.. none of you guys speed your bikes to the bars and drink your favorite soda pop and ride home????

i know.... die left lane guy...

Quick Reply: Psycho car driver