General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Psycho car driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 01:49 PM
BrianJ
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rlowride
Yep, I double checked... and put it together nice and neat...
not once did i say i get in the left lane to go slow in the left lane and cause people to be angered...
I did say i got faster than the speed limits though.... and usually passing cars...
Like I said.. i look out for me.. no blinders.. far from that in fact..
i do as i need to do to be safe....
If you guys want to dodge in and out of traffic... go for it...

As A side not...
I drove from Tampa to Jacksonville this week...
not once did i see a sign that says " left lane for passing only..."
nor did i see "slower traffic keep right"....
Although, I did see.
"Trucks use right 2 lanes only"
In my meager assumption.....
the left lane would be for other than trucks....
and usually those vehicles going faster..
<aybe rules for highway usage are different state to state...
Hell I dont know the rules to every road in the world...
Maybe some of you do though... It seems....

Never been pulled over either.... So.............
Deal with your own issues the way you need to...
Use a megaphone on your high horses
call me names. be childish etc...
But, I look out for me on the road... thats that.. deal with me however ya need too at home in virginia, or washington, or where else you RUBS live....
Well we'll either be reading about how he wrecked his bike because some idiot cager rear-ended him, or read about him in the obituaries.

Guys save yourselves the trouble. I'm in the military and the motto in my unit is "You can't fix stupid". This definitely applies here.

Quit feeding the troll.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Romark
Road Master

Originally Posted by rlowride
im just going to put this out there..
i ride in the left lane...on the highways..
Why, cause i like cars only passing me on one side, dont want to deal with on coming vehicles..
I also do 5 or so miles over the speed limit...
With that being said.. its not the hammer lane, or fast lane..
Slower cars keep right..
the speed limit is the limit! period..
So if i am going over the LIMIT, then I am not holding anyone up...
If you as a cager or anyone else chooses to go faster than the posted limit, then thats on you and you can pass me...
I'm thinking that a lot of these guys who disagree with you are older than you and remember like I do the road signs that say "Slower cars keep right" and now a days, it is impossible to get anywhere because of all of the people who ride the left lane. The sign doesn't read "Slower cars than you keep right" and if you are traveling 75 and someone comes up behind you traveling 90, who is the slower one? Everyone should be nice enough to move over and let them by. Also, how is it safer to have cars passing you on the right safer than cars passing on the left. I believe it is safer in the right lane. Isn't that where the shoulder is? I have used the shoulder before to avoid a bad situation.

This topic gets under the skin of a lot of people. And the fact that the left lane bandits know that they should be riding in the right but choose to prove their point and hog the left lane proves that most drivers know the rules of the road. But these days, courtesy is a worn out notion that has left the road and water ways long ago. Try launching your boat these days. Gone are the days of no wakes around boat launches or putting all your crap in the boat before backing it down the ramp. Now I'm getting side tracked.

All I'm saying is that I disagree with the reasons you list to justify what you are doing. But I suspect that everyone disagreeing with you will make you even less willing to let someone pass.

Sometimes it's hard to see the big picture when you only thinking about yourself.

I also think it is wrong to throw things at cars behind. Like someone said, once the marble is dropped, there is no way to control it. It could bounce and hit an innocent bystander. And what to these people who do this think happens after the marble hits the car behind them? It comes to rest waiting for a truck tire to pick it up and throw it again. This practice is wrong. How would anyone feel if they were hit my a marble on your bike that was sitting in the road from an earlier altercation? Another long gone notion of "Two wrongs don't make a right".

I suppose this is just a sign of getting older. The younger crowd thinking they know everything. Been like this for years and I don't think it is going to change.

Old 06-03-2010, 02:44 PM
kevmic28
Road Warrior

You will see those signs in Texas in the country outside of major cities. I-20 in particular I have seen them many times, left lane is for passing stay to the right.
Best revenge is get the cagers plate number and call the police. report him for driving erradically so possibly a drunk driver. Then wave to him as you pass him on the side of the road doing a field sobriety test with a big ole grin on ur face and just remember you cant fix stupid.
I lived in Atlanta Ga for 6 years and I can atest to the fact that if your not doing at least 80 on the highway there your gonna get run over.

Last edited by kevmic28; 06-03-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:41 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

funny how people up on their soapboxes think they know someone based on a few words of text...
Am i to consider that everyone posting here on a touring bike is 60+...
old farts that know it all?

Still everyone is pounding on me...
why is my so called illegal action punishable by death, and those riding erratically, speeding like a bat out of hell, and any number of felonies posted in this thread are acceptable?
bet none of you old farts can or will answer that....

Why you fogies are searching laws and rules of the road.... look up speed limits...

just saying...

Old 06-03-2010, 03:44 PM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I avoid all confrontations with cagers for obvious reasons. When you're on a bike the best thing to do is just let it go.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:51 PM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow!! You guys are scaring my assoff. 80MPH??? I thought I was speeding when I drive 70mph in a 55 zone.
hahaha
But seriously. It does make me wonder why people feel it is their right to speed at ridiculous rates. My thought is this...if you have to be at PointB at such and such a time, why not leave at the time which allows you to get to your destination at the time you need to be there. If I have to go 100 miles and the speed limit is 55MPH, then I know I have to leave no later than 2 hours b4 my arrival time. If you drive the same route, day after day, then you know what the traffic conditions are likely to be, so take that into consideration for your travelling time. If there is construction, take that into consideration. If everyone thought like me, there would be very little excessive speeding. I do admit that I travel 10 to 15MPH over the speed limit, but then again, I ride a road where you're lucky to see a vehicle every 10-15 minutes.
JMHO

Old 06-03-2010, 04:22 PM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

best post here!!

Originally Posted by arcticharleyman
Wow!! You guys are scaring my assoff. 80MPH??? I thought I was speeding when I drive 70mph in a 55 zone.
hahaha
But seriously. It does make me wonder why people feel it is their right to speed at ridiculous rates. My thought is this...if you have to be at PointB at such and such a time, why not leave at the time which allows you to get to your destination at the time you need to be there. If I have to go 100 miles and the speed limit is 55MPH, then I know I have to leave no later than 2 hours b4 my arrival time. If you drive the same route, day after day, then you know what the traffic conditions are likely to be, so take that into consideration for your travelling time. If there is construction, take that into consideration. If everyone thought like me, there would be very little excessive speeding. I do admit that I travel 10 to 15MPH over the speed limit, but then again, I ride a road where you're lucky to see a vehicle every 10-15 minutes.
JMHO

Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Badmonkey
Tourer

I speed cuz I like It ...Cuz I can ..Cuz the bike likes 90mph..where Im at in Az theres passing lanes posted all over speed limit is posted at 75mph so 90mph is not a big deal...It common curtesy to pull to the right when in the left lane and someone runs up on yer ***..Shoulda been taught that in Drivers Ed. or dad shoulda taught ya or mom or whoever taught yall how to drive... I lived in about 14 different states and the laws are pretty much identical

Old 06-03-2010, 04:51 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticharleyman
hahaha
JMHO
You and I think a LOT alike, right or wrong.

Old 06-03-2010, 05:03 PM
jrr
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mcrider1
The road signs say either "Keep Right Except to Pass" or "Slower Traffic Keep Right". You DON'T travel in the passing lane. It also doesn't say anything about whether or not the speed limit has anything to do with it. Is your speedo calibrated? If I'm going 1mph over in the left lane and you come up behind me at 5mph over should I move over for a scofflaw like yourself, speeding at 5mph over the limit?
You are a traffic hazard impeding the flow of traffic if ANYBODY is behind you while you are in the left lane. Learn how to drive and get the H**L out of the left lane if you are not going to keep up with the traffic flow or pass the vehicles to the right of you.

Quick Reply: Psycho car driver