General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gallaway, Tn Sin City

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2010, 04:02 PM
pococj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,296 Likes on 483 Posts

[quote=Good Time Gang;6788435]
Originally Posted by pococj
Something that should happen to every place that feels the need to write for 1 -5 mph over.

better be careful, people will flame you for not loving the LEO. You will be reminded that if 1-5 mph over was legal then the speed limit would be upped.
Not too worried about the flame throwers in here. Most of 'em are Twinkie riders - spongy on the outside, full of synthetic cream on the inside, and not even really good for making a turd.

Old 05-30-2010, 04:59 PM
wlbowers
Stellar HDF Member

Received 101 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by pococj
Something that should happen to every place that feels the need to write for 1 -5 mph over.

And what is with a town of 1,000 with "the projects"? Handout mentality will kill this country.

Since the 50's a old coot named Layton Watson ran the town. Somehow he got it where the mayor was not elected. He was appointed by the board. The board was three people.

One thing Layton was good for was getting federal grants. The problem was only a small portion of the grant went into what it was suppose to. One grant was a low income housing. About 100 homes. Of course Layton owned the land it was built on. He owned most of the town.

The man owned all of the backhoes, tractors, and other equipment the town "had" He leased it to the town. When elections came around people would hear if they didn't vote for Laytons people they would be evicted.

The Gallaway nursing home had to be closed several years back. They couldn't find $2,000,000. It stayed closed about 6 months and opened up again. That was the year Watson didn't get to be mayor. He lost all of the votes of the residents of the nursing home. Next election they were back.

Back to the projects. After a number of years the low income lost that status with the government. Guess who wound up owning them.

The streets haven't been repaved in 20 years. City Hall was leased from one of Watsons relatives, A grant to drill a new city water well has disappeared.

August 19, '09 a city hall meeting broke into a small riot. A clash over who should run their city was caught on tape At the meeting, residents almost came to blows over whether City Manager Don James should be fired.

Citizens went from fighting with their mayor, to fighting with each other. In the end, James lost his part time job that pays $300 a month. A new city manager was sworn in immediately, and promptly fired the current chief of police and two city clerks. One of which they found out was making $50k a month.

The two clerks were caught at the end of the meeting in city hall shredding papers as fast as they could feed them.

I have a bottle of water in my fridge. It has a black substance in the bottom that when you shake it will swirl like oil. It's not oil. We had to tell the water manager to stop taking samples from our faucet on the house. He had found out I was running a 7 stage water filter. He was turning those samples into the health dept as gallaways samples.

We called the health dept about the water. They came to my house health dept guy and gallaway water manager, and I showed them the "bottle". He wanted to take the bottle with him for testing.

I told them they were crazy. I'd give them a little of it but not all. We asked the health dept guy for a copy of the report. He swore he would. That's been about 4 years ago. Still no report.

I had the water I have tested. You would not believe the levels of metals and other contaminants. The well was shut down shortly after the news of my water test got out.

I could go on for hours. If the family wasn't so firmly entrenched here I would get the hell out!

Sorry Guys rant over.

Last edited by wlbowers; 05-30-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:55 PM
artz
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG ! Sounds like something out of a stephen king novel !

Old 05-30-2010, 08:09 PM
tn_cgl
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is why I never, ever go through Galloway. Mason is bad enough and I usually cut through at Braden and hit 40 or stay on 51 and pickup 240. Taking 51 all the way to downtown is another story unto itself.