Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD Smart Security System

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:34 PM
itznin
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default New HD Smart Security System

Has anyone used the new for 2007 HD Smart Security System? P/N: 68207-07

If so how do you like it...

Also is it compatible with prior years or only 2007+? The parts catalog says fits 2007, but doesn't say anything else, the module looks the same as the old one, I can't see how it wouldn't fit?

Old 08-18-2006, 11:49 PM
WillieC
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New HD Smart Security System

I have it on my 07 Dyna.
It's OK, it automatically arms its self after 5 seconds and if you have the FOB on you
or the key ring it auto disarms when it senses the FOB.
I keep the FOB in my pocket and not on the keyring that way if I leave the key in the bike
or forget it will not start.

I was just as happy with the old one on my 06 though

I would guess it is backwards compatible to the 06 but not sure.

WillieC

Old 08-19-2006, 12:02 AM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Smart Siren II and the Pager Receiver on my 07.

I was lukewarm at first about it, but now I really like it. Don't have to worry about arming or disarming the bike. It's automatic.

I wanted the pager feature, with my 07, so I ended up calling Harley Customer service to confirm which pager model worked with my alarm.

They seem to know what works with what so you may want to give them a call.

Old 08-19-2006, 05:18 PM
cornholio
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would like to know if the smart siren II and pager works with the 07 security system. I read the instructions and its says to turn on the pager then press the button on the keyfob. The 07 are automatic and there is no button to push. I am a little hesitant to install it without knowing for sure. thanks

Old 08-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Easyglide
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All you have to do is arm the bike while pointing the pager receiver II in encoding mode toward the bike. On the 07's, instead of pushing a button on the FOB to arm it. you have to turn the ignition off and take the FOB away from the bike several feet. Have your pager receiver on and in encoding mode and pointing toward the bike, while it is arming.

It should work.

Mine did.

Be sure they install the Smart Siren II. The other siren or alarm one will not work with the pager receiver II on the 07 FOB.

Old 08-19-2006, 11:26 PM
copout221
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the alarm system on the pre 2007 models but not the new design on my 2007. This new alarm is a pain in the a$$ because it constantly auto arms and you need to have the fob on you to disarm it. If you forget the fob (like I did last week) you are forced to disarm the alarm with the security code via the turn signal buttons which is not that much fun, especially if you have never done it before (keep the wallet card with you, it saved me from a tow). I previously kept an extra set of keys (and fob) in my trunk until I bought this 07. On the 07's if you keep an extra fob anywhere on the bike it will prohibit the alarm from arming all the time. So you need to take the fob or fobs with you whenever you walk away from the bike. So last week I jumped on my bike with the keys HANGING on the wall next to where I park it in my garage. Because the keys were hanging within 10 feet of the bike it started right up and off I went. After getting about 40 miles from home I turned the bike off to talk to a friend and when I went to start the bike the ignition was disabled and the siren started to sound. The alarm went off for over ten minutes (embarrasing) until it finally reset. I was able to quickly turn the ignition on and enter my five digit security code to get the bike running but that was after four tries involving several more siren blasts for 10 minutes straight. I wanted to burn the bike, it was such an inconvenience and I decided the alarm was more trouble than it was worth. Also, these fobs have batteries that could go dead at anytime which would leave someone in the same position I was in. JUST KNOW YOUR SECURITY CODE AND HOW TO ENTER IT CORRECTLY !!!!