General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

So where you riding your Harley for Memorial Day weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 12:04 AM
teamstersteward
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

first to Victoria 100 miles due north visit with some kin folks for a couple hours then another 75 or so To San Antonio visit Daughter head out about 6 pm another 100 or so to Austin visit some more kin folk, then turn around and head back home straighter route 220 or so miles. so I figure a little over 400 miles.
God Bless all the Brave Men and Women that gave their lives for this country and God Bless all those that have served are serving now and will serve in the future.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:11 AM
JackD
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by danmo
Work 2-10:30 Saturday, 8:30-5 Sunday, and 2-10:30 Monday, so I'll be riding to work and back. I'm gonna try ducking out early on Sunday and go riding after that.
See your from SE Wis.!! Use to live about 35 miles south of LaCrosse! Great area!!!

Old 05-29-2010, 12:39 AM
Fyrefight
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

To work and back home... workin nights this weekend. Dammmmmmiiittttt.

Old 05-29-2010, 01:10 AM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice ride planned for Saturday, Blues Festival on Sunday, and another ride on Sunday, however unplanned at this time. It will be a very good weekend!

Keep the rubber side down!

Old 05-29-2010, 01:50 AM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Rolling Thunder, Baby....Paying respects to fellow Vets!

Old 05-29-2010, 02:08 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Memorial day is my Birthday. Sort of a sad day for me. Celebrating my birth while remembering so many that have died. Will probably go to the local National Cemetery to pay my respects and then back home for a quiet day with the OL.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:13 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry1955
I'm riding mine to Home Depot where I work. No Memorial Day off in retail. It's the biggest day of the year for Home Improvement Stores that have a Garden Section attached.
Can't blame you but think any retailer that uses a day like Memorial day to try and boost sales is kind of twisted in a way. I know everyone has to make money but making it on the memories of dead warriors just don't seem right to me.

I won't be buying anything from anyone having a "Memorial day Sale".

Just my opinion. If you disagree that's fine but I don't want to hear it.

Old 05-29-2010, 02:44 AM
Ultra GI
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sunday I am riding to Epinal American Cemetery and Memorial in France with a group ride, then on Monday going to Hamm, Luxembourg to the American Cemetary there, resting place of Gen. Patton. Remember that at 1500 hours (3 PM) the nation will have a moment of silence for those that gave all. I have many friends that have served next to me and made that sacrifice, so it is a big deal to me.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:57 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

going to ride south western PA today, got the day off.. I wish I had tomorrow off though, as I would love to be heading down to rolling thunder. I know a couple guys up here that are going, and I'm bummed that I won't be able to join in paying my respects..

Next week is Thunder on the River in Northumberland, PA. I'll be there for that though. I'll have the entire weekend off! miles, miles, miles..

Old 05-29-2010, 03:59 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
Can't blame you but think any retailer that uses a day like Memorial day to try and boost sales is kind of twisted in a way. I know everyone has to make money but making it on the memories of dead warriors just don't seem right to me.

I won't be buying anything from anyone having a "Memorial day Sale".

Just my opinion. If you disagree that's fine but I don't want to hear it.
I never did quite agree with Memorial Day sales.. Just seemed disrespectful to me. 'They payed the ultimate price, but HEY, THIS GRILL'S ON SALE!'

ugh.

Quick Reply: So where you riding your Harley for Memorial Day weekend?