General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

York PA Harley Open House Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:13 PM
LionBaron
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default York PA Harley Open House Cancelled

I just heard on the local news that the 2010 York PA HD open house has been cancelled the reasons were because of the plant restructuring going on in sept alot of local harley owners like myself are very upset and disappointed by the news , so if any of you fellow hd owners were planning to travel here to York PA in sept for the HD open house you might want to cancel your plans for that weekend of sept 24th , the city of york still intends to host its bike night but that can change as well . As for future open houses at the local Harley plant the company has no comment as of yet regarding those . Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news .

Old 05-27-2010, 07:52 PM
08rock
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

What about the june tours of plant?

Old 09-21-2010, 08:57 PM
porkyjoeyorkpa
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just was made aware of incomplete info on harly--d open house. As far as using the word cancelled this is not entirely true. Harley has decided not to sponsor not cancel there is a difference. They won't be having demo rides at the plant however Daily tours still go on as they always do throughout the year. I know for a fact that many of the Riders that come each year from near and far come for more than demo rides. Sure that part is disappointing for many enjoy the demo rides but everything else is not cancelled nor never was for that matter, The parade and bike night on friday is still happening as well as all the usual favorite places of all to enjoy good food,entertainment and vendors selling their goods. How one person can start a rumor and basically mislead people is amazing. I have lived in York all my life with the exception of serving in Nam and since its inception Open House was always been a great event in York for all. Even years ago when Harley decided to do the same thing and the Dealers picked up the Ball. There is a lot going on at the York P:lant and a majority of the employees are bitter and rightfully so in some cases. I don't work there so my opinion on their situation really doesn't count but I bet that incomplete comment concerning cancellation was started by someone bitter or at best someone who hasn't all the facts. Too bad for this info to fester into ruining a lot of good people's time. Hope this can get turned around by next year cause I will miss all the friends I have made over the past years. Good night to all...............those of you who know me will understand my feelings that anything negative will someday be forgotten