General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010 | 12:47 PM
jeffbarb17
|
Road Captain
Default Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..

Have your clothes gone from HD to comfort and being practical or do you still dress like you own shares in Harley?

In my experience i found that after buying my first Harley i couldn't buy enough HD t-shirts of the places i have been. But after time it became less about the bike i ride and the t-shirts and more about riding comfort and less clothes taken on long trips.

For long trips i now wear Under Armor shirts for easy packing and cleaning and Joe Rocket rain/riding pants to save my jeans as well as staying cooler because of the zippered leg.

No longer do i wear HD t-shirts on long rides or feel the need to look like i own a Harley...just that i ride a bike....how about you?

Old 05-27-2010 | 12:56 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

I think everybody goes through the gotta have harley stuff phases. I do wear harley t's but also t's from places we have been and some just plain funny ones. I wear a Harley hat alot but not always HArley when I wear a hat. Don't have HD boots or jacket or rain suit. I guess mostly I just wear what is comfortable.

Bub

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:01 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master

Originally Posted by jeffbarb17
Have your clothes gone from HD to comfort and being practical or do you still dress like you own shares in Harley?

In my experience i found that after buying my first Harley i couldn't buy enough HD t-shirts of the places i have been. But after time it became less about the bike i ride and the t-shirts and more about riding comfort and less clothes taken on long trips.

For long trips i now wear Under Armor shirts for easy packing and cleaning and Joe Rocket rain/riding pants to save my jeans as well as staying cooler because of the zippered leg.

No longer do i wear HD t-shirts on long rides or feel the need to look like i own a Harley...just that i ride a bike....how about you?
I haven't bought a single item of HD gear/clothing/whatever other than the bike.

If I'm riding it, its pretty obvious what it is. If I'm not, I have no reason to advertise for them.

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:08 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member

when i first started riding i did as alot of people had to have the HD stuff. now i wear my favoright light plaid shirt, wrangler jeans, and a pair of logging boots or my slip on cowboy work boots, and light blk leather gloves from MENARDS $8.00.

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:11 PM
SPRINGER
Seasoned HDF Member

I used to think that I would never buy Harley clothing because it was more expensive than regular riding gear. I was on vacation and tried to visit as many dealerships that I could. A special friend of mine had told me about watching for sales. I needed some new boots and also some new shoes and I saw some that I liked and bought them. I checked the quality on what I bought and found it to be just as good as other shoes that I had looked at. I never thought that I would buy Harley but I watched sales and I don't mine saying that I really do like the feel of their shoes and boots. So thanks to my special friend for opening my eyes. By the way, they were also cheaper than some of the non-Harley boots that I had seen.

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:14 PM
sonoffatboy
Tourer

...wouldn't mind a new hd rain suit..that stuff ain't cheap but it works.....

Last edited by sonoffatboy; 05-27-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-27-2010 | 01:17 PM
2grouse
Advanced

I went through the "gotta say HD" phase. Now I go for comfort, although I do wear HD boots. Bought on sale and very comfortable.

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:20 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I have a fairly large collection of tee-shirts that I have accumulated. I always like to get one at a destination stop. I also have a decent collection of bar Tee-shirts that I have picked up along the way.

The last year or so I have started to buy Tee-shirts for my 1 year old Godson. It makes my laugh when I send him a shirt from a rally or some dive bar. His parents think it's a hoot.

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:31 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member

I usually wear jeans and t-shirts now and have for a long time. When I bought my bike I started wearing Harley tees because I liked the fit, colors and designs. The ones I had been wearing would begin to fade after a few washings and the Harley tees don't. I'm wearing HD boots simply because I like the style, the zipper, they're comfortable and were priced about the same as other boots in the store (bought them at a Big R store). I also have a couple of HD hoodies that I like. In short if I need a clothing item and Harley has what I want and like, sure, I'll buy it. I've met strangers and had conversations because I had a Harley shirt on.

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:31 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member

I have a Harley 95th leather jacket that I wear every winter. Still have a Harley rain suite, it's a good one. Had a couple of pair of H-D boots over the years. NEVER owned a Harley T shirt, never will.

Quick Reply: Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..