General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010 | 09:35 AM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rsnyder
Since I bought my HD in 09 I have one tee shirt with HD on it. I would not have it but it was a gift. Their clothing is all over priced.
At least it's not "Affliction clothing and other Designer T-shirts" overpriced :

http://www.buckle.com/product/produc...rd=10400A1249B

Seriously, 25$ for a T-shirt at Harley is the same thing I pay retail at the Levi's store. It's pretty standard as far as T-shirt retail goes in a "boutique" environnement. If you do most of your shopping at Walmart, I gotta admit their line of 9$ t-shirts might make it seem the HD stuff is overpriced.

HD's stuff like "Pink Label", "Black Label" or "Ink" is definately overpriced, same as any other designer crap out there though. I wouldn't buy an Affliction T-shirt (even though they all look very cool) nor would I buy the "designer" HD stuff. Their normal clothing lines and the dealer shirts are usually normally priced and there's always the discount rack (darn you discount rack!)

Old 05-29-2010 | 11:20 AM
BB4xl
Road Master

When I got my first HD they gave you tee shirts for buying parts etc from them. Now they want 30+ bucks for one. They don't pay me to advertise for them. I have some shirts from places I have been ,but I haven't bought a new one in years. If I go riding and a HD shirt is clean in the drawer I will throw it on ,if not oh well. What do they do for me? I don't have a 2010 new bike so if I stop in a dealer they don't even talk to me. It kills me when I see the newbies dressed from head to toe in HD stuff, hell half of their OLs are probaly wearing HD panties. I remember when if you pulled up on a HD and had a leather jacket on you where not welcome and told to leave.

Old 05-29-2010 | 12:51 PM
firebrick
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BB4xl
When I got my first HD they gave you tee shirts for buying parts etc from them. Now they want 30+ bucks for one. They don't pay me to advertise for them. I have some shirts from places I have been ,but I haven't bought a new one in years. If I go riding and a HD shirt is clean in the drawer I will throw it on ,if not oh well. What do they do for me? I don't have a 2010 new bike so if I stop in a dealer they don't even talk to me. It kills me when I see the newbies dressed from head to toe in HD stuff, hell half of their OLs are probaly wearing HD panties. I remember when if you pulled up on a HD and had a leather jacket on you where not welcome and told to leave.
I have nothing against any OL wearing HD panties as long as they show through the back of their HD chaps.

Old 05-29-2010 | 01:22 PM
JBA111
Road Captain

zhit yea I like my HD gear. the stuff I got fits good wears good lasts good and looks cool as hell. and Ive got some other ridein gear that is good too. but I been ridein close to 40yrs and have gotten quite a bit of ridein gear over the yrs. I got Ts from 14 different countries that I have rode in and arround 50 Ts from shops here in the USA. lots of them mean great times. I got a T from awhen I did my first coast to coast. got one from my first 4 corners ride. got one from montana when I rolled up 10k in a yr on a S9ortster I had. got one with a panhead chopper on it that looked like my friends pan. got one from a shop in Dallas in 1989the frist yr I rolled up 20k miles on a Harley in one yr. got Ts from alot of the big motorcycle parties I rode to. got a couple from little cool shops in tiny little spots I rode into. I got several that my wife who passed away bought for me for some reason or another. and I got several from other chicks who rode on some trip with me got for me and I had them sign it. I got ts from the shops I bought my Harleys from too. I got a T from when my son and I rode coast 2 coast and a t from when my other son and I rode the 4corners ride. and I got a half dozen ts with 129 the Dragon on them cause I ride that thing a couple dozen times a yr and love that ride.
so ya dam right I love my Harley stuff and my Harley Ts. and I dont brag about the bargin bin either. If I see one I want I get it. my harley rain suit is 8yrs old and since I roll up atleast 20k a yr you know it has seen hours and hours of use and has been great. my heated vest, gloves and socks have been great and my HD jackets are great to roll away the miles in too.
so if you dont like HD gear dont buy it, some of us got enough saddle time to wear any dam thing we want. so the next time you start gettin yur panties in a wad, fire up your bike and roll away on a couple thousand mile long trip and see if you really give a **** about what other folks wear. who knows you may even see some Tshirt that means something special to you.

Old 05-29-2010 | 02:32 PM
lrays280z
Road Master

Originally Posted by JBA111
zhit yea I like my HD gear. the stuff I got fits good wears good lasts good and looks cool as hell. and Ive got some other ridein gear that is good too. but I been ridein close to 40yrs and have gotten quite a bit of ridein gear over the yrs. I got Ts from 14 different countries that I have rode in and arround 50 Ts from shops here in the USA. lots of them mean great times. I got a T from awhen I did my first coast to coast. got one from my first 4 corners ride. got one from montana when I rolled up 10k in a yr on a S9ortster I had. got one with a panhead chopper on it that looked like my friends pan. got one from a shop in Dallas in 1989the frist yr I rolled up 20k miles on a Harley in one yr. got Ts from alot of the big motorcycle parties I rode to. got a couple from little cool shops in tiny little spots I rode into. I got several that my wife who passed away bought for me for some reason or another. and I got several from other chicks who rode on some trip with me got for me and I had them sign it. I got ts from the shops I bought my Harleys from too. I got a T from when my son and I rode coast 2 coast and a t from when my other son and I rode the 4corners ride. and I got a half dozen ts with 129 the Dragon on them cause I ride that thing a couple dozen times a yr and love that ride.
so ya dam right I love my Harley stuff and my Harley Ts. and I dont brag about the bargin bin either. If I see one I want I get it. my harley rain suit is 8yrs old and since I roll up atleast 20k a yr you know it has seen hours and hours of use and has been great. my heated vest, gloves and socks have been great and my HD jackets are great to roll away the miles in too.
so if you dont like HD gear dont buy it, some of us got enough saddle time to wear any dam thing we want. so the next time you start gettin yur panties in a wad, fire up your bike and roll away on a couple thousand mile long trip and see if you really give a **** about what other folks wear. who knows you may even see some Tshirt that means something special to you.
Hell yeah! I like it!

Old 05-29-2010 | 03:49 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by firebrick
I have nothing against any OL wearing HD panties as long as they show through the back of their HD chaps.
Or crumpled on the floor near the bed

Old 05-31-2010 | 08:00 PM
Rsnyder
Novice

Nope don't do my shopping at Walmart!. Just not in to pay someones to do their advertising for them. I think riding their bike with just about everything having their name or logo stamped on to it is enough.

Old 05-31-2010 | 08:30 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Rsnyder
Nope don't do my shopping at Walmart!. Just not in to pay someones to do their advertising for them. I think riding their bike with just about everything having their name or logo stamped on to it is enough.
So you make your own clothing out of cotton you picked yourself on a cotton field near your house or are you one of those nudists ?

Every piece of clothes I have is branded somehow, some is just more subtle in how it's branded. I don't see it as advertising, just like when I drink a Coke or Pepsi out of the can.

Old 05-31-2010 | 08:45 PM
triple buzz
Tourer

Once your family and friends know you have a HD you can't help but get HD gear. I have not gotten any socks or underwear for X-mas in years, its all HD shirts , hats , mugs, ect.ect. Like several others stated, wear what you want it's your sense of style.

Old 05-31-2010 | 08:55 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Harley gear is not neccesay but I'm not opposed to it. I have some harley t's. I bought 4 t-shirts for $25 at Louisville HD, a couple were gifts and another 2 or 3 that I got on sale. No way I'm paying $40 a t-shirt. Still my favorite and most comfortable t-shirts are the ones I bought from Rugged Warehouse for $2 to $7 a shirt. IMO that's the best place to get t-shirts.

Quick Reply: Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..