General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010 | 11:25 PM
oct1949
Club Member

i wear what i want too////////////

Old 05-28-2010 | 09:13 AM
firebrick
Road Warrior

i go on boards such as advrider.com to see what those folks wear for distance trips. need to find good pants because jeans just arent comfortable for all day rides in heat. never worn a harley tee, seems like a walking billboard.

Old 05-28-2010 | 04:45 PM
Wingnut51
Tourer

I wear Levi's jeans, Gold Wing gloves, Tourmaster jacket, Nolen helmet, 5.11 boots and anything else that fits right, functions properly, and hopefully looks good. I have 3 Harley t-shirts in my collection of dozens and will continue to buy any that remind me of special trips. I know brand names but am not hung up on any one in particular. And I never pay retail if at all possible. It drives me crazy to see what kids pay for jeans that have more holes in them than the pair I threw out last month.

Old 05-28-2010 | 04:58 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

My HD shirts are just as comfortable as my band logo/batman/funny T-shirts *shrug*

Old 05-28-2010 | 07:11 PM
mikeault
Tourer

I usually sport Doc Martins, jeans, t-shirt or sweatshirt, and plain cheap leather jacket in the winter. I have a few HD shirts, but usually I'm in a plain white Hanes.

Old 05-28-2010 | 08:14 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member

Excuse me guys...do these pants make my *** look big?

Old 05-28-2010 | 09:27 PM
Rsnyder
Novice
Default HD wear

Since I bought my HD in 09 I have one tee shirt with HD on it. I would not have it but it was a gift. Their clothing is all over priced.

Old 05-28-2010 | 10:56 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jeffbarb17
Have your clothes gone from HD to comfort and being practical or do you still dress like you own shares in Harley?
Never owned any HD gear. I am not opposed to it - if they had something I like, wanted and/or needed, at a decent price, I'd buy it. I've always dressed for comfort and safety, no matter what brand of bike I was riding.

Old 05-29-2010 | 04:29 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by BobStreetBob
Excuse me guys...do these pants make my *** look big?
its not the pants that make your *** look big!!

Old 05-29-2010 | 08:47 AM
lfmn16
Tourer

Originally Posted by SPRINGER
I used to think that I would never buy Harley clothing because it was more expensive than regular riding gear. I was on vacation and tried to visit as many dealerships that I could. A special friend of mine had told me about watching for sales. I needed some new boots and also some new shoes and I saw some that I liked and bought them. I checked the quality on what I bought and found it to be just as good as other shoes that I had looked at. I never thought that I would buy Harley but I watched sales and I don't mine saying that I really do like the feel of their shoes and boots. So thanks to my special friend for opening my eyes. By the way, they were also cheaper than some of the non-Harley boots that I had seen.
I agree. The Harley stuff I've bought (jeans, boots, shirts) have been well made and when purchased on sale, competitively priced. I don't buy it because it says harley, but I don't avoid it because it says harley.

Quick Reply: Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..