General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010 | 08:16 PM
MilesJ
Road Master

Some days it's Harley, some days it's club shirts, most day's it's whatever the hell my hand hits first in the drawer when I'm reaching in there, eyes closed, half awake in the morning.

Old 05-27-2010 | 08:41 PM
stevent
Road Master

I like their garage shirts, I have 3 of them. I don't wear t-shirts so I give the freebies I get to my daughters or g/f. For riding I wear the same hi-viz Aerostitch suit I've had for years and my waterproof work boots or a pair of jeans depending on the weather. Don't really have the Harley Biker look I guess, I just ride the damn thing.

I certainly wouldn't look down on anyone wearing all the HD gear, most of it's pretty good quality from what I can see.

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:14 PM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ironhand
well, i own several tee shirts from harley and most likely will buy several more. I wear them and sometimes i dont. It really doesnt matter to me what a damn tee shirt says or whos name is on it. it is just a tee shirt. i will wear what ever stikes my fancy that morning. the greatest thing that noone really gives two ***** and a holler what anyone wears, well some do but who really cares about them? Way to many on here think they must slam HD or other riders who do what they wish and dont conform to the bullshit that runs rampent on this site
Really........everbody say'n " I ain' buy'n HD this,I ain' wear'n HD that" .....then commence ta brag about an' straddle their a**'s accross the most x-pensive thing HD has/makes ( yer bike's,dudes!)......go figure.....I'd say yer "advertise'n" ever time it go's down the road....

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:37 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ironhand
well, i own several tee shirts from harley and most likely will buy several more. I wear them and sometimes i dont. It really doesnt matter to me what a damn tee shirt says or whos name is on it. it is just a tee shirt. i will wear what ever stikes my fancy that morning. the greatest thing that noone really gives two ***** and a holler what anyone wears, well some do but who really cares about them? Way to many on here think they must slam HD or other riders who do what they wish and dont conform to the bullshit that runs rampent on this site
No sh*t.

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:46 PM
TxMongrel
Road Captain

I buy HD shirts from wherever we happen to go, especially out of the way, unknown places. I have one from a dealer we came fround in the middle of nowhere (Cement City, Michigan) I have to use EE wide boots, so I buy mine at Academy or Bass Pro shops. Have a few HD garage shirts from the close-out rack at various dealers too. Mostly wear the m/c colors, so you can't really see the shirt anyway...

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:49 PM
Sleeko
Stellar HDF Member
Talking

Originally Posted by jeffbarb17
Have your clothes gone from HD to comfort and being practical or do you still dress like you own shares in Harley?

In my experience i found that after buying my first Harley i couldn't buy enough HD t-shirts of the places i have been. But after time it became less about the bike i ride and the t-shirts and more about riding comfort and less clothes taken on long trips.

For long trips i now wear Under Armor shirts for easy packing and cleaning and Joe Rocket rain/riding pants to save my jeans as well as staying cooler because of the zippered leg.

No longer do i wear HD t-shirts on long rides or feel the need to look like i own a Harley...just that i ride a bike....how about you?
Ehh, I just wing-it.

Old 05-27-2010 | 09:53 PM
h2o
Road Captain

I don't think I ever went through that phase. If it ain't comfortable it ain't fun.

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:07 PM
txfxstrider
Ultimate HDF Member

It's none of your business what I wear.

BUT... every piece of apparel form Harley that I have bought has been designed for riding and has worked exceptionally well.

I'm not too concerned whether or not it says Harley on it. I love Harley bikes and don't mind advertising for them if it helps keep them in business. I never thought about it as advertising until I read it on this forum. Many years ago some of the better people I knew had Harley Davidson tattoos. They were stand-up, loyal, fun loving yet responsible individuals. Back then I never heard anyone call someone a poser or bad mouth the HD motor company. If you rode, regardless of brand, you were accepted unless/until you proved yourself unworthy. Of course Harley was the favored brand.

Now about them tee shirts...

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:24 PM
bradrosewood
Cruiser

Love our Harley leather jackets. Bought most of it used or on sale. Won't trade my Danner steel toed boots. My wife looks great in Harley tee's and buys the ones she likes. Just got some great HD rain wear off the internet, great price, free shipping and no tax. If we are riding we are advertising for them. May even buy their stock.

Old 05-27-2010 | 10:29 PM
Sofa King Goofy
Intermediate

I enjoy wearing Harley shirts, boots, etc. I think it exhibits a sense of pride in an American company that produces motorcycles like no other in the world. I encourage everyone to buy Harley early and often. Use genuine Harley air in your tires and buy genuine Harley bolt-ons for your wife and girlfriend. And yes, I own shares in Harley that dropped like a streamlined anvil right after I got it. Ride safe!

Quick Reply: Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..