General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010 | 06:06 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member

Hmmmm, imagine the moco has an idea about what is functional and comfortable. Back before drive belts most everyone had a black streak on their left side from the oil slung off the chain. Black was pretty much a real good idea. I still favor darker colors. Just habit and what feels comfortable. I have HD T's indy T's and event T's. I have no obligation to wear or not wear anything. If you like it fine. If you don't like it fine. Dress youself and leave me the ***** alone.

Old 05-27-2010 | 06:15 PM
Crusing
Road Captain

I wear what I like, enough said.

Old 05-27-2010 | 06:38 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Levi's Jeans, Dr. Martens boots, Joe Boxer underwear, brands are everywhere. It's pretty much a given that no matter what you wear, you're probably advertising for somebody.

Wear whatever it is you like wearing. Don't mind the logos so much.

Old 05-27-2010 | 06:46 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior

I have been wearing a pair of HD engineers boots since 2004 that won't wear out, and I wear them a lot.
I also have a few of what i think are nice HD small logo cotton long sleeve button down shirts that I like and have owned since 2003--damn things won't wear out either.

That's as far as I will advertise for them... the quality is excellent though-- at least on the older stuff I have.
(Note to self--check the labels for manufacturing location...)

Old 05-27-2010 | 06:47 PM
brenn
Elite HDF Member

I've never really owned much Harley stuff - a few T-shirts, 1 vest and 1 cap. Don't really want any more, unless they start selling the Prestige line at half price.

Old 05-27-2010 | 06:51 PM
PhoenixRising01
Intermediate
Default Less about the Fashion...

When I bought my bike, I was given a T. Gave it to my wife. They also gave me a $75 gift card, as the rear shift lever fell off on the way home after buying it. I've gone to the store a few times, but, you know, I don't see anything I want or need. I'll use it as credit toward my Rinehart true duals being installed next week. I try not to wear cotton when riding, gets too heavy when wet.

Old 05-27-2010 | 07:19 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

I've never owned a Harley shirt, hat, belt, bandannana, do-rag (or any do-rag for that matter), underwear, etc. I do have two Harley jackets, one is a leather FXRG jacket that doesn't have any visible logos, but is Harley branded.

The one jacket I have that has visible HD logos on it is a 2-in-1 item that is convertible between a light weight leather or mesh. I can wear it to work on a summer morning when it's cool, and when it's time to go home, zip off the leather outer sheath, and ride home in a comfortable armored mesh jacket.

I don't buy gear based on whether it's branded or not branded. I don't wear Harley gear as a matter of course, but I don't avoid it either. My jackets were selected over many years of riding. I've also got 2 Vanson jackets and a Schott Perfecto. Jackets tend to accumulate over time, and it's good to be able to wear gear that's appropriate for the weather and temperature.

Last edited by Mike; 05-27-2010 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-27-2010 | 07:32 PM
danmo
Outstanding HDF Member

I wear Harley T's from places I've been. I also wear band shirts and other misc. shirts. I wear whatever for Jeans. I have a HD leather coat that I got for 50% off, a black denim like coat and Harley boots. They were the only boots I found that were what I wanted.

Old 05-27-2010 | 07:42 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member

Never bought HD gear and cloths. Only have the free T's that came with the bikes. I do get three T's at each rally that I go to. I'm a real clothes horse. I buy 4 sets of jeans @ $10/ea and wear them for 3-4 years and my black T's. That's it. My annual cloths budget is less than $150 for everything. That wouldn't let me in the door and a HD store.

Old 05-27-2010 | 07:51 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member

I wear mostly HD t-shirts, they may cost more but I like them better then most rally or other tees. Like buying at the different stops I've made over the years too.

Never had Harley leather, wear Milwaukee boots, no Harley jeans so I guess a couple of collared shirts, t's and sweatshirt are it for clothing. Do have an HD belt and Blackberry case that were gifts from the kids.....damn skippy I use those also.

Wear what you like, who cares. I do not view as a big deal or advertising for them, I like them so I wear them. In between my young and now old riding days I was a golfaholic. Bags, shirts, hats, glove all emblazoned with the gear I chose logo. I don't find much difference......so to OP I guess I am not decked out in the complete outfit but have a lot and see no change in the near future.

Quick Reply: Less about the fashion police, more about comfort over time..