General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit and run in WV

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 08:28 AM
seikan1
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hit and run in WV

Wednesday May 26, 2010
CHARLESTON, W.Va. -- Charleston police arrested two people in connection with a hit-and-run accident that left a St. Albans man seriously injured.
Sgt. Shawn Williams said James Dixon, 45, of St. Albans was heading east on Kanawha Boulevard when Amanda B. Pritt, 25, of Sissonville made an illegal U-turn in her white Pontiac Torrent. The SUV slammed into Dixon's bike, knocking him to the ground and sending the motorcycle skidding on its side for 50 to 60 feet.

Pritt and her passenger, identified as Daniel G. Pauley, 30, also of Sissonville fled the scene. Dixon was transported to Charleston Area Medical Center's General Hospital and later lost his leg due to the severity of his injuries, police said.

The sergeant said the city's traffic division received a tip the SUV was hidden in the woods near a Tolley Drive home and that Pritt and Pauley were involved in the hit-and-run. The couple told police they were trying to buy drugs on the West Side when the crash occurred. Pritt told police she fled because she was afraid.
Pauley was charged with failure to report an accident and was being held at South Central Regional Jail. Pritt was charged with failure to report an accident, leaving the scene of an accident causing injury, a turning violation, driving without insurance, driving on a suspended license and failure to render aid.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 AM
Nikon D700
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure that it was all just a misunderstanding.........Lock em up.....

Old 05-27-2010, 09:34 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry for the injured rider but why am I not surprised. I still believe more than 50% of drivers could care less if they run you over.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:40 AM
fevest
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

According to MSF about 75% of bike wrecks are from some ahole car taking your right of way. So, they don't give a damn.

Old 05-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Suspended license, no insurance, drugs and I'll bet she won't spend a day in jail. She probably has nothing of value so they will never collect a fine and shortly she will be back on the road sans license and insurance. Feel really sorry for the rider losing his leg. Maybe they should take on of the woman's legs too.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:42 AM
WVICEMAN
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WV is my home state and they'll get the max sentence. The Governor of WV is a biker plus they don't play in that state when you jam yourself up and get in trouble those judges throw the book at you. They arrested 55 members of the Pagans MC last year and definately didn't go easy on them. See below story.

http://www.examiner.com/x-25653-FBI-...ICO-violations

Old 05-27-2010, 12:04 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,132 Likes on 1,030 Posts

Same old sad story. Just different faces at different places.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:27 PM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 153 Likes on 101 Posts

A bullet thru the side of the head would solve the driver's problems.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:32 PM
oldbiker771
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Foodog is right, we should take care of the womans legs. Or leg, in any event, at the exact location the biker lost his. People dont think twice about this type of behavior, as there are little or no punishments given to perpetrators. Eye for an eye is kind of old, but it is a heck of a deterrent in some situations, ya know?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:33 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by WVICEMAN
WV is my home state and they'll get the max sentence. The Governor of WV is a biker plus they don't play in that state when you jam yourself up and get in trouble those judges throw the book at you. They arrested 55 members of the Pagans MC last year and definately didn't go easy on them. See below story.

http://www.examiner.com/x-25653-FBI-Examiner~y2009m10d6-55-members-of-Pagans-motorcycle-club-arrested-by-FBI-on-RICO-violations
I was born and raised in WV as well and I agree with you........they don't put up with that kind of BS!

Quick Reply: Hit and run in WV