General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

your woman on her own bike..how do ya feel about it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 01:49 PM
GONZEE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your woman on her own bike..how do ya feel about it?

every time the wife and i go riding, she rides her own this makes me nervous as hell! i can not enjoy the ride becouse i am worrying about her she is an ok driver but rides a bike like a person drives a car. just cause she worked as a backhoe operator she thinks she can handle any thing and i cant tell her otherwise. she just is not strong enough at slow speeds,stops, etc. and has dumped her bike a few times and always places the blame elswhere. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!

Old 05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get yourself the Ride Like a Pro video and then watch it with her in the room. She'll pick some stuff up, then invite her to practice with you.

Seriously, my wife rides her own and I don't have a single problem with it. For her experience level she actually rides very well. Not as good as me, but I've got a lot more years and miles than her on a motorcycle.

Old 05-26-2010, 01:55 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

dude i want my girl on her own bike SO badly.

every time we find ourselves on the couch i nonchalantly pull up craigs list and go "oh, check out this nice sporty for $X"

i'd be nervous at first but she's the type that keeps at something until she's good.

if i ever get her on a bike she'll be the one pulling at my shirtsleeves to go on a ride or to follow her to the parking lot to practice

Old 05-26-2010, 01:58 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

honestly hmmmm i am probebly gonna get flamed but if going out together i prefer my woman on back of mine, if shes going out on her own by all means ride your own scoot.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
honestly hmmmm i am probebly gonna get flamed but if going out together i prefer my woman on back of mine, if shes going out on her own by all means ride your own scoot.
haha i love her on the back of mine i think i just love shiny, scratch free paint on my rear fender even more.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 709 Likes on 352 Posts

It's natural to worry, I know I do. I take comfort knowing (and seeing) that she gets a litle better with every ride though.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:01 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by toastman
haha i love her on the back of mine i think i just love shiny, scratch free paint on my rear fender even more.
thats why your supposed to tell them not to wear any pants skin cant scratch

Old 05-26-2010, 02:04 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't blame it on her not being strong enough. It is clearly poor riding skills. My wife is not very big at all and handles her FB as well as some guys. Get her some training, and if that doesn't work, tell her it's time for a new hobby. I've said it before, not everyone was meant to ride.

Shakey

Old 05-26-2010, 02:04 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My wife has been riding on the back of my motorcycles for 27 years and has no interest in riding her own street bike - she does ride dirt bikes though. She knows I've been riding for 48 years and says she feels the safest when she's on the back. I don't mind this at all as I still like the feeling of her arms around me.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:06 PM
bullseye
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine used to have her own bike ('07 Deluxe) and was my favorite riding buddy? She wrecked one day when hitting a bump during a hard stop. She broke 8 ribs and had some road rash. After that I was nervous everytime she road. Money has been tight in the last year or so and we sold her bike. I still miss riding with her but feel a littler better with her on the back.

Quick Reply: your woman on her own bike..how do ya feel about it?