General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

your woman on her own bike..how do ya feel about it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 09:09 AM
Bombarde32
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BADBREW
Guess my situation is a little different than most, but I like it. My woman had her own bike before we met. She can outride most guys I know. A few years ago she rode her Honda Rebel to Sturgis and back from East Tennessee. <edit out>
She road a Rebel that far? Dang. Props to her. That's only a 250cc scoot isn't it?

Old 05-28-2010, 10:20 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lundee
The missus might get mad for me posting this pic. But hell it was 45* out. 1200 miles in 5 days of switch back after switch back and she was right on my tail. She loves to ride and has mad skills on here scoot. As a matter of fact one of my buds left early cuz, his a$$ hurt,she wanted to stay an extra day.
That's a great photo Lundee and worth framing.

Old 05-28-2010, 10:29 AM
sonoffatboy
Tourer

Originally Posted by bparsel
But......I HATE IT. I hope it gets better with time but I dont enjoy my ride at all right now. My Anxiety level is through the roof everytime we hit a turn or come to a light. And dont even ask me about leaving lights or parking lots with a slight incline.
exactly my situation....

Old 05-29-2010, 10:06 AM
lownslow
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
That's a great photo Lundee and worth framing.
+ 3

Still waitn for her to even get on the back. "It's just not my thing". She has expressed interest at the Harley shop though of having her own. And she's from Milwaukee, go figure.

It helps when she walks in while I'm on this forum and sees the ladies here riding.

RIDE On girls, you're inspiration for the lil lady............I think once she does ride with that thing between her legs, There'll be no turnin back!

Old 05-29-2010, 11:16 AM
mavrickFLHR
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 10 Posts

Me.. I love it. My lovely child bride wanted to learn to ride.. and she most certainly had her issues in the process.. She's only been riding on her own for just over a year and sure, she still has lots to learn but wow... how far she's come. At this point.. she is good to go on her own, bike prep, preride check, in and out of the garage, the whole deal. I went through those worrisome moments.. and obviously.. riding has it's risks.. but the day she counter steered out of the way and past some jerk who pulled out directly in front of her seemed proof enough she's gettin' it. So now, instead of just being a passenger, she's a rider.. and the truth of it is, I just love having her as a riding partner and not just a passenger... ( she can still ride with me anytime of course )

Cheers

mavrick

I posted this before but.. this is her on her sporty..

Old 05-29-2010, 11:21 AM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love it too. She had a slow start, is still building confidence and skills, and YES, sometimes I worry about her out there. BUT she is my best friend and favorite riding partner!....I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 05-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Funnygirl
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DamnFool
buy her a bike and life insurance.... you either get a good rider or a new wife.....its win win!
Wow!
You romantic devil, you!

Old 05-29-2010, 02:30 PM
deadman77
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 89 Posts

I like to to ride on the back of mine but if she wanted her own?
That would be a dream!!!
Never gonna happen though.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

(edit)

Last edited by Dooley; 05-29-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: double post
Old 05-29-2010, 03:46 PM
Dooley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8,972 Likes on 1,475 Posts

It became apparent very quickly when I bought my Sporty that two up with both of us being ...ummm large people that it just was not gonna happen.

So she took the MSF course and passed it with flying colors, went out and bought her own bike.
That was five years ago and we are both on our second bikes but she still rides a metric...her choice.

Quick Reply: your woman on her own bike..how do ya feel about it?