General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with ipod

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 09:55 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

I will post next week, sound quality on the earbuds was better than expected last night when I tried them, The buds are flat on the backside so they will not poke through the molds.
The wire on the looks pretty heavy duty too, kind of a braided cloth type covering, sort of like the electrical cord on an iron.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:09 AM
dan61t
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use mine all the time on long rides, I have a set of Sony earbuds http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+E...buds&cp=1&lp=1
they stay put with or without a helmet and sound quality is very good.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:11 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 8541hog
Check out:
http://www.earfuze.com/

pretty good price for custom earbuds with the earbuds and ear molding. I just got mine yesterday and will mold them up this weekend.
There is a reason that earfuze is $45 and real custom buds start ~$200? I paid $175 for Westone CR1's, but most others (BigEar, etc.) start ~$350. The old saying, "You get what you pay for" applies here. YMMV.

Old 07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
BQ2
Advanced

+1 on the IPOD and skull candy ear plugs. I also have a sports band for the IPOD so it straps to my bicep. Cant beat it !

Old 07-23-2010, 11:51 AM
nferr
Road Master
Received 220 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by BigLowRider
I use a 4GB Sansa Clip (1000 songs, 15 hours battery life) for long distance riding. The Sansa Clip includes an FM radio for checking the weather that lies ahead for the journey but I would really prefer an mp3 player that included weather band.

The mp3 player has a clip that allows me to clip it to my t-shirt over my left collarbone and run the wires down my back under my shirt. I can then use my left hand to pause/forward/volume. My jacket protects the mp3 player from rain.

I use Shure earphones with olives - they never fall out while riding.

BigLow
Same one that I use. I use it all the time. It's tiny so it's no problem. I do have a tendency to blast it though so I can't hear much else through the buds.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:01 PM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mcrider1
There is a reason that earfuze is $45 and real custom buds start ~$200? I paid $175 for Westone CR1's, but most others (BigEar, etc.) start ~$350. The old saying, "You get what you pay for" applies here. YMMV.

I had the expensive ones before and they were fine until I lost them, have you tried the earfuze, do you know what you are talking about?
The sound quality on the earbuds themselves is just as good if not better as the expensive ones I had, just a matter if the mold works, which I see no reason it would not.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:38 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 8541hog
I had the expensive ones before and they were fine until I lost them, have you tried the earfuze, do you know what you are talking about?
The sound quality on the earbuds themselves is just as good if not better as the expensive ones I had, just a matter if the mold works, which I see no reason it would not.
I know several people who have tried them and said that they were a waste of $45. You may have a better experience with them? Hey, it's only $45. If they don't work you haven't lost much. If they do, then you've scored a good deal. I would recommend getting your ear canals checked to make sure they are clean before you do the molds. Any little bit of wax stuck down in there can make a difference in your molds.

Old 07-23-2010, 01:55 PM
D.NILE
Novice

I started riding with the Ipod and Shure earbuds instead of ear plugs to cancel the wind noise. I put the Ipod in my back pocket and run the wire behind my back. Now it's not the same riding without it. I start off with a little AC/DC Thunderstruck and then shuffle the songs from there.....gets the blood flowing.

Old 07-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Nightside
Intermediate
Thumbs up ... All the time

Which ear-buds I use depends on which helmet I'm wearing. If I'm wearing my 3/4, I go ahead and use the ones that came with. If I'm wearing my half or going without, then I have a set of Sony earplug style buds that fit into my ears a bit. It muffles the outside noise some, but no more than a bad fitting set of hearing protection. The sound quality is acceptable, as is the volume.

Old 07-23-2010, 03:03 PM
smittyp83
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ashmarc
Don't go cheap, like those crappy "Skull-candy ***" earbuds.

No offense guys but you get what you pay for.

Drop the $99.00 for Bose ear buds and you won't be disappointed.

Until you lose them...

Quick Reply: Riding with ipod