General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with ipod

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 12:43 PM
section8joe
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
for us guys with no windshields unless you ride with a full face, the only thing that really works, is the custom made ear plugs that have the little speaker made into them they help with noise and winds noise they run around 350 and even come in colors you can find them at most large rallyes i bought mine at street vibrations in reno

I have a biltwell and my heaphones sound great..

Old 07-21-2010, 12:45 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

All the time, but NOT with the stupid Apple headsets, use Etymotics ER6-i in-ear plugs, they are like ear plugs , and are AMAZING. and I have no wind sheild

Old 07-21-2010, 12:46 PM
section8joe
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Apple headphone are worthless!!

Old 07-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Kregg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChopinRockwooD
Nothing worse than riding with a guy that has his Ultra/glide blaring music out of the speakers so that everyone around him can hear it. My father-in-law does this with his ultra and Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, or some other "easy listening" group @ full blast. I act like I dont know him when we stop at a light or pull in for gas with that **** playing. At least have the common courtesy to lower the volume. Thank god for the noise cancelling custom monitors, that way I only have to listen to my ****.
Even better that hitting shuffle on your Ipod I make up Playlist for the type of day/mood I'm in and just let that play.
I understand this. I always turn mine down when the speed slows or stops. My HD radio has a setting where it gets louder as you go faster and softens as you slow. Works pretty well, but I still hit the lower volume button when coming to a stop.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:14 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I have a half helmet and a windshield and my son just let me borrow his Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones . These are the best and I have tried apple's crap ear buds,wrap arounds and if your not fighting with them staying in your fighting with the damn cords. These monster beats have flat cords so they lay up against your body and they don't slip out and Best of all they sound Incredible!!!!!! I am looking on ebay for a pair of my own(son is going on deployment and wants them back).

Old 07-22-2010, 04:42 PM
american classic
Novice

I just listen to the voices in my head.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:11 PM
HDBRATT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by american classic
I just listen to the voices in my head.
LMAO....Sometimes I do that as well!

Old 07-22-2010, 07:17 PM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I use inexpensive rubber ear buds and wear a bandana on highway trips. I just pull the bandana down over my ears, and can hear mine fine at 80mph with no windshield, and a half helmet. I think I'm going to try the ear candy brand on my next set.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:49 PM
kabluie
Cruiser

I use a Ipod Nano with ear buds and set on Shuffle. I find it frustrating that I cannot turn the volume up or down and wearing gloves only makes it harder.

To that end, I started looking and found www.AEROSTICH.COM. They have wireless controls for your Ipods and MP3 players. They also have other cool stuff for riders but some of it is a little pricey.

Old 07-22-2010, 11:34 PM
warrconn
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I enjoy the sound of my mill and listening to my surroundings....that's my relaxation. I can listen to music at home or work.

Quick Reply: Riding with ipod