General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with ipod

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 07:51 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxama
My son rides with his,one day riding in town he didn't hear the siren coming up behind us. I don't think its a good idea.
I guess he wasn't watching his mirrors like he should have been? I wonder how deaf drivers manage?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:00 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I use it all the time. I use Koss Spark plugs for headphones and they work well. I don't have to have it cranked up to hear it. I tried a pair of expensive in the ear headphones and they were great, I just didn't want to spend $200.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:08 AM
VirtualNorm
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took a slightly different route, I have a FF helmet and I use a chatterbox for talking to my passenger. It has a plug in for the ipod on it, so i just "jack in". Works great, in stereo and when I talk it stops the music.. Works decent..

Old 07-21-2010, 08:16 AM
hincheec
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use one a lot. I use the Skull Candy in ear, noise canceling earphones. Run the wire under your shirt or in your vest. clip the ipod to your belt. better with a windshield, otherwise you still get a lot of wind noise.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 AM
psyco1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been using the Etymotic ER-6 for a while and it's great for helmet use, they fit flush and being in ear monitors, they block out most wind noise so I don't have to turn the volume up, that means I can still hear the important things like sirens.

There's a forum dedicated to IEM's and buds.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/list/103

Old 07-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Kregg
Cruiser

I enjoyed riding with music/ear buds so much that I eventually sold my sport tour machine and bought a Street Glide, primarily, so I had a radio with actual speakers. Now my ears do not get sore from the buds AND I can hear traffic better. Crank it up and I can still rock out even at highway speeds. Music is a very important part of my riding.

Old 07-21-2010, 10:38 AM
dyna2319
Tourer

I also frequently ride with the I-Pod Nano and a good fitting set of headphones, shure E-2C and Koss ear buds. I still can hear of an emergency vehicle or cop is coming up behind me. But makes for a nice combination with the pipes and some good old rock and roll playing.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:04 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for us guys with no windshields unless you ride with a full face, the only thing that really works, is the custom made ear plugs that have the little speaker made into them they help with noise and winds noise they run around 350 and even come in colors you can find them at most large rallyes i bought mine at street vibrations in reno

Old 07-21-2010, 11:26 AM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nothing worse than riding with a guy that has his Ultra/glide blaring music out of the speakers so that everyone around him can hear it. My father-in-law does this with his ultra and Celine Dion, Andrea Bocelli, or some other "easy listening" group @ full blast. I act like I dont know him when we stop at a light or pull in for gas with that **** playing. At least have the common courtesy to lower the volume. Thank god for the noise cancelling custom monitors, that way I only have to listen to my ****.
Even better that hitting shuffle on your Ipod I make up Playlist for the type of day/mood I'm in and just let that play.

Last edited by ChopinRockwooD; 07-21-2010 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:53 AM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
for us guys with no windshields unless you ride with a full face, the only thing that really works, is the custom made ear plugs that have the little speaker made into them they help with noise and winds noise they run around 350 and even come in colors you can find them at most large rallyes i bought mine at street vibrations in reno
I ordered Westone CR1's from these guys for only $175! I also had to pay my Audiologist $35 for ear impressions.
http://www.audioethics.com/index.asp...igationid=8236

Quick Reply: Riding with ipod