General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding with ipod

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 06:28 PM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I Never leave home without the ipod. I have a "cover" on my ipod that has a raised center so I can control the volume and track from inside my front pocket. No need to worry about vibration or dropping it while cruising along some highway. I also have the second best purchase i made in my ears. Last year I went with custom moulded ear monitors that block out the wind and pipe noise and will NEVER wiggle out. I can keep the volume low and save my hearing.

Old 05-25-2010, 07:59 PM
streetglide44
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used SURE ear plugs with my ipod when riding my deuce long trips. Cannot hear bike or anything. Range in price from 100.00- 400.00, I have the 150.00 pair. Base is awesome too. I use when mowing grass too.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:19 PM
jdpkwuait
Novice

While we are on the subject of IPODS. I am not a guy that has knowledge on all the different devices, I just figured out talking over 2 soup cans and a string. I have an 2002 Electra Glide Classic with a casett player. It has a plug in the dash to plug some device into. Can I plug in a IPOD or something like that. I may be wrong, but in 2002 did they have IPODS then? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
zwide10
Cruiser

I use mine constantly...Actually found an app to get my itunes on my blackberry so use that now. Get some Shure ear plugs with the foam. They're made specifically for bands, block out EVERYTHING!!! Just make sure you pay a little more attention to the road and less head bobbing

Old 05-25-2010, 08:23 PM
zwide10
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jdpkwuait
While we are on the subject of IPODS. I am not a guy that has knowledge on all the different devices, I just figured out talking over 2 soup cans and a string. I have an 2002 Electra Glide Classic with a casett player. It has a plug in the dash to plug some device into. Can I plug in a IPOD or something like that. I may be wrong, but in 2002 did they have IPODS then? Thanks in advance.
They had PODS in 2002. If it looks like a headphone jack, and one fits in there that's maybe what it's for. A for sure way to tell is the AUX setting, either printed over the plug in, or on the radio settings. I don't think they started the AUX plugins until 2003 or 4 in most cages, so I would doubt that's what you have. Plug one in and see what happens though

Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 PM
creatv1
Tourer

I haven't done this yet-- but planning on it when I replace my ACC helmet:

They make small, puck-like speakers that fit into the ear flaps on half helmets. I use them for snowboarding all the time and they don't sound too bad. What I like about them is I can hear things going on around me as well. Definitely not hi-fi, but you can hear the music and some beats to get you down the road. If you're interested, check out a snowboard shop. Burton makes them as does Smith and some others. I have both and think the Smith sound better.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:50 PM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by streetglide44
I used SURE ear plugs with my ipod when riding my deuce long trips. Cannot hear bike or anything. Range in price from 100.00- 400.00, I have the 150.00 pair. Base is awesome too. I use when mowing grass too.
+1 exactly.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:52 PM
bluesmanjesse
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tlb
Walmart JVC Marshmallow Stereo Headphones, HA-FX34S Assorted Colors. They will not fall out and they work like earplugs. However, you cannot hear traffic around you with them in.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/JVC-Marshm...Colors/9135484
+1 on the Marsmallows they rock and they don't hurt your ears like the crappy Apple factory ones or other hard style do.They are just like soft foam earplugs with kickass little speakers in them. When I owned my Dyna I would pop the Ipod on to keep me awake on my way home from 3rd shift,who needs NoDoz when you got AC/DC,right?!

Old 07-20-2010, 08:22 PM
url8
Road Master

Originally Posted by bama6977
I USE THESE... EarFuze.com and no I do not sell them or work for them. Blocks outside noise because molded in your ear. Still have to crank up volume.
Hey guys I saw this and wanted to expand on it. A buddy I ride with bought a set and he said they play really well and could hear fine. I thought....what the heck 50 bucks won’t kill me if they don’t work as he said they did. I ordered a set and the sound quality is very good. Now Before I get flamed from some audiophile wanna-be...they are very comparable to "skull candy" which I have and have used in the past. The biggest difference is that they are molded to your ear so fit is perfect (provided you follow directions and mold them in right) and there is NO wind noise coming through...just the music.

Attached is the link -
http://earfuze.com/store.html

And for a goof I put the Big Ear link in. Anybody for a $1800.00 set of ear phones?

http://www.bigearinc.com/Products/Catalog.aspx

Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 PM
mcrider1
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I run my iPod through my Autocom com system. I control it with this on the handlebar.
http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/11/m...mote-for-ipod/
I use these to hear it.
http://www.westone.com/music-product...g/cr1-earphone

Quick Reply: Riding with ipod