General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's riding today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010 | 06:53 PM
KnightWRX
Road Captain

Rode to the Gym for a morning workout, rode back to my place. Had to do some "chores" (open the pool for summer, put on the GF's summer tires on her car) then took the GF for a ride in the backroads near here, through the mountain and to diner at a local bike meeting place. We arrived to a parking packed with about 200 bikes and one open table on the terrace.

One guy had the baddest Dyna I've ever seen, with crazy sheet metal work done (license plate embedded in the rear fender, tank stretch) and crazy chrome all over. Then he started the poor thing, we barely heard it over the chatter. Get some real exhaust man.

Old 05-23-2010 | 07:13 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior

Went for breakfast with the wife(at 1pm... lol) Then just rode the backroads for an hour or so. Nice day. Got home just as the rain drops began to fall.

Old 05-23-2010 | 07:28 PM
Harlie Rider
Road Master
Smile

My Lil' wife and I are heading over to Tennessee. Eastern TN is a beautiful
place to ride. Was around 85 today. Great riding weather!!
I need a new pic of the Heritage with the Rush slip ons...

Old 05-23-2010 | 07:43 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy

Originally Posted by krusr
Nice but a little chilly (low 40's) riding to Half Moon Bay this morning but a nice ride home (low 60's).

Krusr

Ohhhh you must have headed out a lot later than did from Pacifica. It was about 47 when I went through HMB, stoppe in Pescadero, then went back to San Gregorio then up to 4 Corners, Skyline back to HMB then back to Pacifica. Cold as all get out but a beautiful ride nevertheless.

Old 05-23-2010 | 07:47 PM
dvmweb
Tourer

Went from home to Harrisville Michigan. 1.5 hrs each way. Very warm inland, almost 90 deg F. Cooler by Lake Huron. Wind was blowing onshore. Nice day.

Old 05-23-2010 | 08:16 PM
JackD
Road Master

Great day for riding here! Lower 90's and sunny! Took a 150 mile jaunt up along the Mississippi( AND BACK!) and made me think it woulda been a great day to be on a boat too!!! But what a super day for a bike ride!!!! Been a long time coming!!!

Old 05-23-2010 | 09:25 PM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior

Met up with Robo1211, a buddy of mine and another guy with him. Rode state routes for the most part out to a little eatery sitting on a small lake. Took some more state routes about an hour north to a wing place for a drink. Left there and slabbed it over to another lake infested area where we met up with GlacierPearl along with his Mrs and that awesome Ultra of his with the rocking sound system. Hung out at that watering hole for a bit then went down the road to another place that has decks over looking the water. That place was packed. It could really use some blacktop in that parking lot though. I thought I saw a metric get swallowed by one of the holes. Left there and headed back towards Youngstown with one other rider to stop and grab some dinner before we headed for home. Overall it was about 160 miles today and great weather.
Robo and GP, great meeting you guys and always good to put a face with a name.

Old 05-23-2010 | 09:33 PM
pdfiddler
Tourer

5/22/10 took a 315 mile ride to get out of the rain.

Old 05-23-2010 | 10:28 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ohiobellboy
Robo and GP, great meeting you guys and always good to put a face with a name.
Awesome meeting you guys too !! Hope my sound system was everything that you thought it would be !! We did end up going to Rafters after the Upper Deck. Musta got there on the late side. There were only a handful of bikes still there .

GREAT day for a ride. Wife is out in the garage cleaning the bike, so I can ride to work tomorrow !!

Old 05-23-2010 | 10:31 PM
oct1949
Club Member

First day of the yr above 90.......
only third one above 80.....

last month has been better than this one... unusual for us here in IND...

Quick Reply: Who's riding today?