General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DRVTWIN vs Ebay.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 02:04 AM
cmiller1014
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DRVTWIN vs Ebay.....

I love to support anyone who supports a site like this one. In fact, I will usually spend MORE money with a company like that, even when I find something considerably cheaper somewhere else.

I tried that here with everything from new bars to pipes, AC, pegs, computers, etc. In the end, DRWTWIN only ever quoted me $10 under normal stealership prices! I opted to do my entire Stage 1 without them because it was a savings of over $300 just on parts!!!

I did give them the benefit of the doubt on some bars and the flush mount fuel gauges though. Unfortunately they failed to deliver even after ALL of my ebay parts had come in. I contacted them tonight and apparently the parts were on back order but noone could be bothered to contact me!!!. Funny too because they arent on backorder according to my ebay vendors!

I will only ever shop on ebay now. At least there we can leave feedback with our purchases and the people have VESTED interest in making us happy.

Go ahead and flame if you want but im saving 40% by dealing online. DRVTWIN is just an online stealership and the customer service sucks!

Old 05-23-2010, 02:08 AM
cmiller1014
Cruiser

I should also note that I was quoted $350+ for a set of cables that are $150 from the manufacturer and that's RETAIL costs!! Meaning they could have been had even cheaper!

Sheesh these guys are really working this site over!

Old 05-23-2010, 02:12 AM
bruce sg08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry you had a bad experience with them, i haven't bought any hi price parts from them yet but a few small to mid pieces from them and have been treated first rate and they actually responded to my questions. In fact I looked them up because of the recommodations on the fourm. If its a high dollar item and I am really saving 40% on the same item then I'm gonna do some research on the company. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if I can save 40% on an item from a legitmate retailer then I'll go that way but If it looks good to good to be true.......... I believe that if i have a problem Dr vtwin will be there to give me a fair shake. On a set of new intercoms I had questions he couldn't answer and told me that they where so new he hasn't had any experience with them yet, and hasn't sold enough to get any feedback yet. He was honest, means alot in my book he could have told me anything to make the sale but he didn't.

Last edited by bruce sg08; 05-23-2010 at 02:19 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:15 AM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I like saving a few bucks as much as the next guy, but sometimes you gotta spend a few more to get the right part.

A few days ago I was looking for an H4 headlight conversion to get that damned sealed beam light out of my Heritage.

I'd looked at ebay, and found a pair, (for cars) that were 30 bucks, shipped. I posed the question here on the HD Forums.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...onversion.html

A poster said to be careful, the assembly's could be made out of plastic. Looking at the site again, I saw they probably were plastic.

Another poster gave a link to a Bosch unit, for a bit over 40 dollars without the bulb.

DrVtwin offered a metal assembly with bulb for the same price as 2 of the plastic ones.

So, would you have bought the plastic assemblys, getting two of them, or one good metal one from DrVtwin?

I'm happy with the transaction. If I want to go with a hotter bulb, I don't have to worry about it melting the assembly!

Old 05-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

This won't end well at all.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:09 AM
pottsy
Road Master

There are 3 sides to every story. Having never heard anything negative about Dr. VTwin, and seeing how he goes out of his way to offer help to people, I am inclined to believe that there is a lot more to this story.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:18 AM
jkelley
Tourer

I have bought several items from DRVTWIN and I was very happy with both service and price! matter of fact I sent them a posted price from EBAY and they matched it without charging me shipping. Sorry you have seen otherwise but I for one have been very happy with them and will continue to do business...

Old 05-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Smug
Tourer

Sucks to be you, they price matched for me and the customer service was second to none.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:56 AM
RumRunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Haven't done any business with DRVTWIN yet, but since being new to this forum I have been reading ALOT and this is the first negative thing I have read.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:59 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
This won't end well at all.
you know it

Quick Reply: DRVTWIN vs Ebay.....