General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid people or what!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Jezcruzen
Stellar HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid people or what!

I've read some of your posts regarding the careless manner in which some cagers behave and have symphathized with how you feel. Its happened to me on several occassions, but this afternoon was a banner day!

I rode to work and left early in order to run a few errands.....O.K., that's a falsehood. Let me start again. I left work early 'cause I wanted to ride my bike! (Now, that's better) I cruised around, taking the long way home - you know how we do. I must have had five or six cagers tailgate me really bad this afternoon! On two occassions it happened on a divided highway traveling in excess of 60 mph. It scared me! All but one was in such a big GD hurry to get somewhere, I'm sure.

I said all but one because I believe the last idiot of the day tailgated me maliciously. Two redneck buffoons in a Toyota PU dropped in behind me on a two-lane road. I was running along at about 60mph with those two gomers pushing up to within a truck length of me and I didn't have anywhere to go but FASTER. I run it up to about 75 to put some distance between us to give me a little cushion should I see a place to pull over and here they come - right up behind me again! We finally entered a small hamlet where the speed limit dropped down to 35 mph, then 25 mph. I took the opportunity to dodge into a gas station, which forced them to go past, then I whipped out behind them.

Typical rednecks. Stickers all over the rear window, dried mud, junk all in the truck bed. Man, I was percolating pretty good by then! I talked myself down and refraned on any aggressive actions on my part. They were probably too stupid to realize how much danger they placed me in. Ignorance is sometimes cureable. There's no known cure for stupid!

Old 08-16-2006, 08:25 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Stupid people or what!

"They were probably too stupid to realize how much danger they placed me in. Ignorance is sometimes cureable. There's no known cure for stupid!" You give them way too little credit for stupid. These kind of guys know excactly what they're doing, what the possible consequences are and the worst thing, they don't give a damn. That said, YOU are smart enough to know that you'll come out on the losing end of any vehicle meeting and took the proper action to just let it go. Goober and Barney drove away thinking that they "put one over on the stooopid biker" and who the F cares? You're alive to tell the story and tomorrow, Goob will still be stupid.

Congrats on being the better person, it isn't always easy.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:41 PM
bdgreen
Banned

Couldn't have said it better.[sm=goodidea.gif]

Old 08-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Sanford
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freaking idiots don't care about anything but themselves. [:@]

Old 08-16-2006, 11:19 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've gotten almost to the point I'm gonna follow the morons to wherever they're going and give 'em a verbal smashing. I may be small compared to their vehicles, but I'm massively bigger mano y dumbass. And I've reached my quota of tolerance.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:17 AM
randyv1
Advanced

I have encountered way too many incompetent drivers lately. I am not sure what it is, maybe I am just more aware of it now, I am not sure. For the past year I have been looking for a bike to buy and would love to buy one but I am not comfortable even in my truck, at least in town. I have been rear ended twice in the last 6 months with the last one just the other day and I was in my truck. I am just amazed on how people drive and it is not just cars. I was traveling to NY on I81 (at 70 MPH) two bikers on BMWs up behind me at 80 +MPH and were right on my bumper. When I moved over to the driving lane they went by me and then pulled right in front of me. I had to slow down so I did not hit them (and it was raining), go figure.
If I do buy a bike (which will be a HD Road Glide) I believe I will stick to the parkway and on the back roads and I will never drive at night (too many deer).
I believe everyone should take a routine driving test and cell phone use while driving should defiantly be against the law. My wife took one of those day classes recently and her instructor was mentioning how bad it was out there and how many people are just running red lights and I see it all the time. Green does not mean go anymore it means look both ways and be assured everyone is stopped before going, if you don’t you may no be here long. Just venting.