General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox Creek Leather Jacket

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Serge A. Storms
Road Captain
Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by bigseadaddy
their stuff is the cats *** but their heavy duty! I have the vented racing jacket and with the liner out it still weighs 30 pounds. I also have chaps and gloves from them and with it all on i can ride in freezing weather with no issues. That said even with all the vents open on the racing jacket i can not ride with this jacket in the summer!!!!! Hot hot hot!!! It has to below 60 before i can wear it.

Customer service is the nines as well!!!!
30 lbs!?!?

Old 05-19-2010, 06:41 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one of their vests - great stuff. I took it to our local custom leather shop and he was a little bent when he saw it. He said he wished they would sell to distributors because he could sell the heck out of them - somewhere between the average mass produced stuff and his custom stuff at a good price point. They only sell direct.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:52 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge A. Storms
I looked at these too but nothing really jumped off the page at me, looks like a great product though.
fair enough to each their own, you gotta like the styling in the jacket too.

the thing i didn't like about foxcreek jackets was they were too much jacket, too bulky, i couldn't picture wearing it anytime other than november through march here in NY. the schott jackets have thick leather for protection but IMO a lot less bulk.

but people do rave about the fox creek jackets, and they're american made, so you may love one if you order it.

Last edited by babalu; 05-19-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:56 PM
Serge A. Storms
Road Captain
Received 135 Likes on 64 Posts

From one of those other posts they do sound heavy. Thick leather is good but I was trying to avoid a 30 lb jacket!

I went to a store today that came highly recommended and was really disappointed to find Chinese and Pakistani products pretty much exclusively. Ever notice how many leathers are made in Pakistan? I wonder why that is.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Serge A. Storms
Ever notice how many leathers are made in Pakistan? I wonder why that is.
zero environmental regulations for the tanning process and dirt cheap labor.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Captain Bligh
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the Fox Creek Classic I. It's a great jacket and I wouldn't trade it for any other brand. As others have said, it is quite heavy. I prefer it that way. If I go down, I'd like pretty thick leather to scrape away before it gets to my hide. Better the cow than me.

It's comfortable below 70. Between 70 & 80, it's okay as long as you have the vents open and are moving. Above 80, I want to be in a t-shirt anyway. A T isn't the safest, I know, but it's what I do.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:49 PM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I've had that jacket for 4 years and love it. Great quality and great customer service.

Old 05-19-2010, 08:54 PM
LA Cox
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the Classic I jacket, the gauntlet type gloves, and a wallet from them. I have nothing to say but good about their products along with their customer service. The jackets are heavy, and do take awhile to break in but are top of the line. Down here in Texas I just don't get to wear it enough!!!! I'll be getting their lined chaps as soon as the pair I have now wears out.

Late,

Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 PM
conroskie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fox Creek is the only place for me. Thick and heavy leather... The Wifey likes her Harley stuff. I think because it's a little lighter, plus she gets her poser fix. But Fox Creek rocks!!!

Old 05-19-2010, 10:22 PM
50RACER
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Fox Creek vented racing jacket in a size 42. It weighs 10 lbs. ( I just weighed it ) and I love it. I did buy a Harley perforated jacket for wearing in temps above 80 degrees. The FC jacket can get a little warm. It is good for riding in cooler weather though, especially with the zip out liner.

Quick Reply: Fox Creek Leather Jacket