General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD T-Shirts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 07:06 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default HD T-Shirts!

OK so I am out in Missoula, MT covering for work from the Pacific Northwest and had extra time today to stop by the HD dealership and look around, really a nice dealership. I had stopped very quickly last year after a visit to Glacier NP. Anyway I was looking around at the different T-shirts and actually found one I liked so I looked at the price and said ok thats not too bad. I then grabbed the XXL size which is what I have to wear and again looked at the price and it was $4 bucks more than any other size. It used to be maybe a buck or two. With that logic then a kids shirt should be like $10 bucks, I was like WTF I am not going to pay that much more for a shirt not that its going to break me but more on principal so I walked out. I guess HD cant sell as many bikes in this economy so they try to jack up everything else. Well I guess they can keep their shirts that I am sure are no longer made in the USA anyway.

Last edited by Scubamike; 05-18-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-18-2010, 07:21 PM
F_CPT98
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking along the same lines this morning. We stopped by a Dealership when we were out of town the other day (don't want to say where it was) but anyway I usually go straight for the clearance rack and see if there is anything I like. $20 for a T-Shirt I can handle but $35-$40 no way!! So I start looking at other button-up shirts and HD fashion, looked at the price tags and almost puked!! I thought who in the hell wears this crap?? Who can afford to pay $85-$90 bucks for a damn shirt?? And the Womans section is worse! Thanks God my OL is somewhat frugal cuz that sh@# is marked with some stupid prices!! I guess someone must pay those prices and ware this stuff? but it is no one I know!!

Old 05-18-2010, 07:46 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Little boys panties....half-off.

(oh, wait. That was a Michael Jackson joke punch line)

Old 05-18-2010, 07:51 PM
MCHOGG
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I used to buy t-shirts as I traveled to different places, when I saw $25 for shirts I quit buying. The the "Shop" began to open, just clothing no bikes, some of the places it would be nice to get a unique shirt from, but not at the current prices.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MCHOGG
I used to buy t-shirts as I traveled to different places, when I saw $25 for shirts I quit buying. The the "Shop" began to open, just clothing no bikes, some of the places it would be nice to get a unique shirt from, but not at the current prices.
Yeah I cant seem to bring myself to one pay that much for a shirt and two buy one at a HD shirt store. Last year we went thru Jackson, WY and they have a Jackson Hole HD t-shirt shop. We needed a jiffy stand spring for one of the bikes and they only have clothing. I guess their starting to become like OCC and sell more shirts and logos then bikes.

Old 05-18-2010, 08:03 PM
prostar
Club Member
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Coozies are less expensive, pack better on a bike, and more practical.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:24 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

No way I'm paying five dollars for a coozie!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:07 PM
CATchaser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Missoula is on-par with most HD dealers, charging $25 - $30 for an XL tee (which is too much) but I stopped at a Mississippi dealer last week, and their shirts were $40 & up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:16 PM
JackD
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Man! I love'em tho!! Had a gal bring me back one from Belgium!! Charged me ......$20!! She's going to Bangkock later this year!!!

Old 05-18-2010, 10:19 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If its not on the clearance rack i don't buy them !!!

Quick Reply: HD T-Shirts!